Rui Miguel Fernandes Couto
I am looking for new challenges and projects for my professional career, preferably in areas that I identify more: sports, health and tourism. I would like to lead a team in the process of transition of services or improving existing processes.
I am a person with 10 years experience in the financial area, having passed through the accounting, credit control and receipt and currently in the Organization of the Finance Department and planning and negotiating with supplier’s payments.
I'm a person who likes to work and dedicated to projects and challenges, always with the focus on the goal to be achieved.
At the same time I am futsal coach
· Analysis of customers, credit and collections;
· Leadership and teamwork;
· ERP and billing Software and business intelligence;
· Planning, negotiation and organization of Treasury;
· Excellent leader with stress situations and find the best solution to the problems.
Finance Manager, Martins Ferreira – Com. Prod. Siderurgicos, Braga - (September 2014 – Present)
· Analyze and interpret the results according to the company's monthly annual budget;
· Prepare the Treasury forecast map and bank movements control;
· Head of Treasury and payroll manager;
· Responsible for servicing and payment to suppliers;
· Preparation and calculation of map sales team commissions;
· Responsible for documentation related to the DRH with respect to vacation, low markup and other matters;
· Bank reconciliation and preparation of documents for accounting;
· Preparation all financial movements to avoid budget overruns outlined;
Billing Team Leader, Linde Healthcare, Maia - (January 2013 – September 2014)
· I was Team Leader on project billing Process transition from Spain to Portugal, which took place over a period of 8 months;
· Supervised and coordinated the daily activities of the billing team along with the Manager, to ensure compliance with the monthly, quarterly and annual goals according to the KPI ´ s;
· Helped all Billing team members to solve the various problems of billing customer service;
· Ensure the effectiveness of work of the team of Billing according to company standards;
· Implemented an internal control system in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction;
· Planning and management of the team at times and peaks of work;
· Always up-to-date for all tools used on a daily basis;
· Ensure that all documents on the Department's operating procedures, remained up to date;
· Responsible for training of new team members during the process of transition to the Maia Madrid;
· Winner of the RCN HPO Award – Best practices 2013 Linde Healthcare
Credit Controller and Collections, Martins Ferreira – Com. Prod. Siderurgicos, Braga - (February 2009 – January 2013)
· Customer Analysis and decision making about granting or not granting credit;
· Verify and analyze customers ' payments map;
· Ensure compliance with the payment deadlines of customers:
· Created a Business Intelligence (KIBI) in order to decrease the PMR, which is reduced from 110 days to 95 days;
· Negotiation of share with customers;
· Responsible for debt recovery procedures;
· Responsible for the process of credit insurance assigned to clients, with the entire customer portfolio management and allocation of plafound;
· Contract negotiation group communications.
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, IBM Portugal-Unilver Foods España, Braga - - (May 2006 – February 2009)
· Participated as an analyst in the transition process of accounting services and receipts of Unilever Portugal and Spain for IBM's outsourcing services.
· Processing and accounting of invoices from various business areas of Unilever in cost accounting;
· Collection of supporting documentation for audits;
· Receive and allocate payments to customers; • Investigate and resolve customers implications for differences in bills;
· Communicate with customers via phone, email;
· Collecting data and preparing a map of monthly activity;
· Meet the metrics (KPI ´ s) and objectives defined according to the business area.
Internship in the Marketing Department, Toyota – Caetano Auto, Braga - (March 2005 – September 2005)
· Participation in the launch of the Toyota Aygo and tasks inherent to the Department.
Universidade do Minho
(September 1999 –January 2006)
Degree in Management
Universidade de Vigo
(September 2005 –January 2006)
Erasmus Project – Faculdade de Ciencias Empresariales de Vigo
· Good knowledge in ERP Primavera; SAP; Collect AIR; Business intelligence and TRC (respiratory therapy software)
· Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lotus) and Internet Explorer.
· Pedagogical training of Trainers – CEFOL, Centro de Formação de Lamaçães (2006)
· Training course in dynamics of leadership – IBM Portugal (2007)
· SIX SIGMA course – level Yellow Belt (2008)
· Technical training and clinic on respiratory disease continued (2013)
· Portuguese – Native
· English – Fluent
· Spanish – Fluent
Hobbies & Interests
· Futsal coach since 2004, where I trained: seniors, under-18 and under-15 teams.