I am an enthusiastic worker and put my all into any challenges I am set. I have a keen interest in physical activity, health and sports development. I enjoy encouraging people to live a lifestyle that will allow them to live healthy and happy. My communication skills will be excellent in giving advice to people who want to stay healthy and active, I have lots of experience in one to one situations and have lead a team in several aspects. I think I am a good candidate for this opportunity to work with your company as I have many skills which I can bring but also an open mind to learn new skills and gain new qualifications.
Volunteer with Liverpool city council 2013
Liverpool city council set up a small scale gala for children with disabilities. I assisted in overlooking the gala and also encouraging the swimmers during the races.
Active Me volunteer November 2015 – January 2016
Ellergreen sports centre
These are sessions run for disabled adults and children to give them a chance at taking part in coach lead Activities e.g. multi-sports and swimming lessons.
· Overlooking sports session taken by professional coaches
· Being a partner if there is an odd number
· Encouraging participation
· Assisting if anyone seems to be struggling
Everton Swimming Association – Volunteer swim teacher
· Swimming (teaching and training)
· Working with the public in an open environment
· Helping others make their lives better
· Learning new skills
· Expanding my knowledge of certain subjects
· Working with peers on developing information learnt in university or at work
· Computer and IT work
• taking money off customers
• dealing with collections (orders online and alterations done in store)
• helping find the best solution to any problems or queries
• answering the phones to other stores or customers that phone concerning a problem or enquiry
• cashing up and balancing all the tills and banking the money the next day
• inputting everyone’s payroll into the system
• keeping track of any extras involved in the shop (checking petty cash, opening and administrating police accounts and sending all relevant paper work to head office in Glasgow
• Conducting health checks in workers (see above for companies)
• Measurements included (blood glucose and cholesterol, blood pressure, Height, Weight, BMI, waist circumference)
• Face to face chat about their lifestyles choices (physical activity levels, smoking, alcohol, diet etc.)
• Analysis of accelerometer data and online survey data
• Presentations to companies and employee on results, ways to improve productivity, Presenteeism and absenteeism
• Use of excel spreadsheets with formulas and equations
• To lead a group of children, from age 3-10, in half an hour swimming lessons.
• Plan the lessons
• Give relevant feedback to children and parents on how the progress of the child.
• Assist senior coaches conduct a session with higher level coaches
• Depositing and withdrawing cash from customers’ accounts at their request
• Cancelling and starting standing orders and direct debits
• Checking accounts for fraudulent or suspicious activity
• Providing statements to customers when asked for
• Balancing tills twice a day (morning and evening)
• Encouraging customers to take out home/life/car insurance if possible
• Setting up appointments for customers to discuss their accounts with a customer advisor.