We are the UK’s official governing body for gymnastics. We believe gymnastics has the power to amaze like no other sport and we strive to help every gymnast experience this, amazing themselves and others along the way. By working closely with our members and partners we aim to lead, support and inspire everyone in gymnastics to do amazing things.
The main purpose of the role is to develop and deliver an effective purchasing strategy for the organisation. Working collaboratively with departments from across the organisation is critical and part of this role is developing these relationships and put in place a formal structure to ensure a smooth and easy running of any new processes and policies.
Managing a purchase spend of circa £9M ensures purchase savings are realised with an initial cost saving target of 2%.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Reviewing all current spend/contracts within the organisation and set realistic savings targets
• Proposing a robust and best in class procurement strategy considering all BG department requirements
• Lead on the implementation and roll out of any strategy ensuring and processes are embedded within the organisation
• Liaising with other department heads and present a formal process for the organisation spending. This may need to be different depending on spend category, department, and type of contract
• Working within current systems while evaluation and proposing future development needs or new systems that would produce efficiency savings
• Performing risk management for contracts and agreements across the business, ensuring a centralised log of all contracts and services is maintained with break clauses and end dates being diarised
• Lead on all new and renewals of contracts and evaluate and recommend changes to the current PO process
• Completing prior an in-depth analysis including risk assessment, for any contemplated outsourcing, including a description of services, expected results, and a detailed evaluation of the risks for, among other things financial, operational, legal and preparations risks
• Reviewing specific services and lead on the tender or quote process to evaluate the effectiveness if this were to be outsourced
• Supervising and tracking the benefits of outsourcing by function, as they move into BAU and beyond including financial and non-financial
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
• A background in and/or formal qualifications in purchasing, finance, commercial, procurement, CIPS
• Good business acumen, lateral thinking and problem solving capabilities
• Experience working both independently and in a collaborative environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills for engaging, influencing, negotiating and communicating with all levels across the business and key stakeholders
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills, able to effectively analyse complex data
• Personal impact and credibility
• Understanding of contracts and relevant legislation e.g. IR35
• Previous experience in similar roles