Job title Academy goalkeeping coach (covering Foundation Phase and Youth Development phase)
Location Various locations in and around Portsmouth
Hours of work Part-time (casual contract)
Reports to Phase Lead & Head of Learning and Coaching
Remuneration Session Rate £35, Match Rates £45-£55
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Portsmouth Football Club as we are seeking to recruit a committed and passionate developer of young people. The coaching would span across our Foundation phase and Youth Development phase.
As a coach, you will report into the Academy Lead Goalkeeping Coach and collaborate to facilitate the goalkeeper coaching sessions for Foundation and Youth Phase players in line with the Coaching philosophy, vision and values of the Academy and the Club as a whole.
Requirements of the role
- Understanding of effective coaching approaches with 9–16-year-olds
- Proven record of developing goalkeepers in an Academy environment
- Experience of dealing with minors and an excellent understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures
- Understanding of and user experience with PMA and Hudl
- The role will be based at the training ground in Portsmouth, however there will be a need to travel to a variety of venues in and around the city and on occasion, to away games or tournaments, therefore frequent access to your own vehicle is essential
- Right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Required & Desirable Qualifications
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
- FA Level 2 Goalkeeping
- UEFA B Licence
- FA Youth Award
- EFAiF certificate
- The candidate will be working towards, the FA Advanced Youth Award
- FA Goalkeeping Coaching ‘B’ licence *
- UEFA B Licence *
- *Is required to have either the UEFA B License or Goalkeeping B License
Guidance to consider
Please consider the below before applying:
- Due to the requirements and the commitment the roles require, it is advisable that candidates live within commutable distance to the training grounds.
- Our GK’s will train on Monday’s and or Tuesdays and games will be on Sunday’s. These games might be played local to Portsmouth or further afield.
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion and want people from all walks of life to apply for our vacancies. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you. If you need any support with your application, please get in touch with us. We are happy to help.
Portsmouth Football Club is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk and this is endorsed by the club’s board. We are committed to ensuring that any club related activity will be in a safe environment where children, young people and adults at risk are protected from harm or abuse whilst under our care.
The club have a safer recruitment policy which sets out our practice to ensure all staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children, young people and adults at risk.
As part of our safer recruitment policy, we ask every successful candidate to give their consent for us to obtain two written references and to provide us with documentary proof of qualifications.
The successful candidate will also be subject to an enhanced DBS check along with completing a self-declaration form as part of the recruitment process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional on these requirements being satisfactory.