Academy Assistant Performance Coach - Nashville Soccer Club - closing date 29 nov 2021
Nashville · TN
Nov 22, 2021
The Assistant Performance Coach for the Nashville SC Academy will be responsible for supporting and assisting the club by providing an integrated High-Performance LTAD program for it’s Academy players, in line with the Club and Performance department philosophy. This position will work closely with the 1st Team Peformance and Medical departments to create team and player-specific programs and administer those programs on the field and in the gym for developing youth athletes within the Academy. The person in this role should have prior playing and/or coaching experience and be expected to comfortably facilitate soccer-centric programs. In addition, they should also have a formal educational background in exercise physiology (or similar degree) and load management across a variety of metrics as it relates to the development of youth soccer athletes. This role will report directly to the Head of Performance for the First Team and will work closely with the Academy Director and Academy Athletic Trainer, as well as various other key coaches/staff.
Note – previous applicants for the recent Assistant Performance Coach role will be included in this candidate evaluation, and are not required to apply again.
This position will direct and/or assist in the following areas:
· Managing and directing on-field warm up and cool down sessions, strength training, prehabilitation, as well as individual sessions for targeted or rehabilitating players in conjunction with medical staff
· Distribution of player devices and processing data into club systems on a daily basis, along with wellness monitoring, testing administration, RPE collection, compiling, analysis, and reporting
· Utilizing various monitoring software, tools and technologies to report on player performance and injury prevention
· Direct and/or assist with the delivery of scientifically based optimal recovery strategies post training and post-match
· Develop and implement individual and/or team off-season programs
· Developing strong interpersonal relationships with players and staff to effectively administer programs
· Producing educational materials for players to guide towards best practices in the development and optimization of sport performance
· Organizing and maintaining field and gym equipment
· Surveying literature and best practices for future implementation
· Contribute to and advance LTAD programming and curriculum, data collection, testing, analytics, and reporting to develop high-performance in youth players
· Traveling with team to games/events
· Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) Degree from a 4-year accredited University in related field of study such as Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Sport Science, Biomechanics, Strength & Conditioning, and/or similar
· Graduate (Master’s) Degree from an accredited University in related field of study
· 2-3 years experience working with youth soccer within the United States
· XPS-EXOS Performance Specialist
· Functional Movement Screening (FMS) – Certified Level 1/2
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.