Partnerships and Communities Officer - England Squash - Salary £24,000-28,000 per annum - Closing date 7 November 2021
£24,000 - £28,000 yearly
Flexible with regular attendance at Manchester office required
Full time, permanent
England Squash have recently launched an ambitious new strategy Squash in a Changing World (englandsquash.com/squash-in-a-changing-world), which sets out our ambition for the future of squash in England to be a thriving, growing and diverse community.
We are seeking a full-time Partnerships and Communities Officer, with strong project coordination skills, to join a forward-thinking team who are passionate about growing the sport and helping people to get active.
As Partnerships and Communities Officer you will support a network of clubs, leisure operators, coaches and county associations to get more people playing squash in a greater variety of ways. You will also work with a variety of partners to reach new audiences and enhance diversity across the sport, making the squash community more reflective of society as a whole.
You must be a real team player who is enthusiastic, highly organised and has a passion for supporting people from all backgrounds to take part in sport and physical activity.
· Support and engage squash clubs / venues, coaches and county associations to deliver our participation programmes: Squash 101, Squash Girls Can, Squash 57 and Junior 101.
· Lead and support specific projects aimed at increasing participation with a particular focus on inclusion and diversity.
· Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and partners, including county associations, clubs, leisure operators and other delivery partners.
· Coordinate an ongoing programme of club / venue support.
· Develop and maintain relationships with new partners to create opportunities for new communities to engage in squash activities.
To excel in this role you will need:
Good knowledge of community / club-based sport.
An understanding of the issues and challenges around engaging a more diverse audience in sport.
Project coordination experience.
· Experience in building relationships and working with a range of different partners or organisations.
· The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.