Lead Soft Tissue Therapist and Medical Administrator - Warrington Wolves - Salary £17,000-£19,000 (dependent on experience) - Closing date 24 October 2021
£17,000 - £19,000 yearly
Cheshire, Warrington, UK
WARRINGTON WOLVES IS RECRUITING A LEAD SOFT TISSUE THERAPIST AND MEDICAL ADMINISTRATOR
The postholder will have direct responsibility for the development and delivery of Soft Tissue Therapy for Warrington Wolves First Team, whilst also ensuring a comprehensive Soft Tissue service is provided to all players throughout the youth system or at any affiliate clubs.
This role also combines with some Medical Administrative Tasks.
This is a full-time position, for a fixed term of 12 months.
Warrington Wolves RLFC is an elite professional rugby league football club based in Warrington, in the north west of England, competing in the Betfred Super League. We play home games at The Halliwell Jones Stadium.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Reporting to the Head of Performance, key relationships are with the Head Physiotherapist, the Strength and Conditioning department (all grades) and the Head of Youth.
We are seeking an individual who values and respects others, and who can collaborate and build strong relationships, both internally and externally.
You must be willing to show initiative, take ownership and responsibility for your actions, and consistently deliver to high standards.
Due to the nature of the business, and the role, this is not a standard Monday-Friday 9-5 job, and so requires flexibility towards working hours, including the requirement to work at all home fixtures as well as some evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. You should also be able to work across multiple sites, as required.
• Provide soft tissue treatment to first team players on full training days and as part of pre-game preparation • Organise and manage part-time masseurs and massage students based on First Team requirements • Offer CPD to massage students surrounding soft tissue therapy techniques and treatments • Ensure all players carry out weekly ‘blitz’ and recovery massage sessions • Prepare all massage equipment for training and game days • Record treatments provided in a STM/SOAP note format • Organise the Reserve/Academy Team soft tissue provision for training and game days
• Compose a strapping list for each game, keeping on record main strappings for each player • Ensure the medical expense account is up-to-date and that all invoices are sent out to the Finance Department and Trust Fund • Assist in keeping the Injury Audit up to date • Updating of Injury and Schedule boards in the medical office • Ensure player medical files are up to date with any reports/scans/notes
• Stock take and organise the Club’s medical supplies, ordering new stock through Club authorised suppliers • Keep a record of medical costs incurred to aid budget allocations • Set up and pack for game day strapping/taping/massage/foam roll equipment
• Prepare treatment room and ensure all equipment is available for treatments for physios • Assist medical lead in planning player pre-training treatment appointments
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Qualification in Soft Tissue Therapy/Sports Massage • Membership of relevant association - SMA/STA/SOST/BASRaT • Minimum 1-year clinical experience • Computer literate (Outlook, Word, Excel) • Previous experience in a sport setting • Full UK driving licence
• Relevant degree qualified (Sports Therapy, Sports Rehabilitator, etc) • Previous experience in a rugby setting • IMMOFP qualified