Athlete Support Manager - BRITISH ATHLETES COMMISSION - Salary £24,000 - £28,000 - Closing date 7 October 2021
£24,000 - £28,000 yearly
Home based with travel
Interview date14 October 2021Job DescriptionThe BAC was established by a group of athletes in 2004 owing to an increasing awareness that there was a real need for an independent body in the UK to both represent the views of all British athletes as well as ensure that athlete welfare and wellbeing was central to all decision making in high performance sport.
We are seeking two Athlete Support Managers, one full time, one part time.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To deliver world class confidential advice and support to athletes on a range of issues which have the potential to impact upon performance including but not exclusive; grievance, disciplinary, selection and appeals, mental health/wellbeing and general welfare issues.
• To liaise with key stakeholders including NGBs, EIS, UK Sport, Sport Resolutions, Police, LADO and NSPCC CPSU in support of BAC work.
• Undertake effective reflective practice on case work to ensure appropriate external and internal lessons are identified and learnt from including the sharing of best practice with key stakeholders.
• Where requested by an NGB, provide support and advice on athlete centric matters including acting as an independent observer on major event selection panels.
• To take an active role within the BAC including participating positively in discussion and decisions relating to the BAC’s role now and in the future.
For more information on the role, please visit https://britishathletes.org/2021/08/26/bac-recruiting-for-new-athlete-support-manager/