Copywriter - Washington Football Team - Closing date 25 Jul 2021
Ashburn, VA, USA
The Copywriter will be responsible for short- and long-form copy creation for internal and external purposes. Internally, this role will help with executive reporting on content and marketing initiatives. Externally, the goal is to drive audience engagement through the marketing of content across all our distribution channels, social, digital and linear. This person will be responsible for collaborating across the organization to create copy for graphics and videos, social media posts, voiceovers, traditional ad spots and more. Success in this role will require working closely with the communications/PR team, creative services, sponsorship, digital team and agency partners. A successful candidate must be a forward thinking, creative individual who demonstrates a high level of communication, inquisitiveness and organization. This role will be highly visible within the organization and s/he will need to have a passion for teaching and mentorship.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Writing clear and error-free content for all WashingtonFootball.com web pages + social channels that reflects the company’s voice
· Meeting with internal and external stakeholders to understand their message, brand voice and target audience
· Proposing copy concepts in an engaging way and carrying out projects once they are approved
· Interpreting creative direction and technical information and turning them into persuasive copy concepts
· Collaborating with PR and content departments to brainstorm and develop a variety of marketing materials
· Working with clients and department heads to edit and modify copy to meet their content expectations
· Creation of image- and text-rich decks for the executive team and potential partners
· Know the market, be inspired and develop new ideas as a strong partner in all content creation and development
· Educate or assist in the education of cross-functional teams on trends and best practices
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, English or related field
· 3-5 years of experience with focus on content marketing copywriting
· Familiarity with deck creation software: Keynote, Google Slides, InDesign, etc.
· Understanding of modern copywriting trends
· Attention to detail, ability to think creatively and operate independently
· Must be a strong cross-functional leader and communicator
· Ability to work nights, weekends and events as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.