Marketing Assistant - Shepway Sports Trust - Salary £17,500 - £20,000 - Closing date 30 July 2021
£17,500 - £20,000 yearly
Folkestone, Kent, UK
Full time, permanent
Please visit https://shepwaysportstrust.org/about/work-with-us/ to download the full recruitment pack.
Main objective: To work with the Head of Marketing and wider marketing team to deliver marketing campaigns across a wide variety of platforms which support the charity’s overall mission of making sport possible for people of all ages and abilities and inspiring people to lead active lives. With guidance from senior staff, you will lead on the charity’s external communications (via social media, email, press, direct mail, radio etc.) with the aim of generating income, increasing participation at sessions/events and raising the profile of the charity in the community.
Main duties: 1. Work alongside the marketing team and internal staff to create and deliver marketing campaigns in line with the wider communications strategy
2. Create a variety of on-brand content (digital and print) which is helpful, engaging and inspirational for our audiences.
3. Write copy where required for a range of platforms, audiences and stakeholders
4. Keep image and video libraries up to date, ensuring all photo permissions have been obtained
5. Update the website with relevant and timely content, ensuring all products, memberships and sessions are set up correctly, troubleshooting any problems where necessary
6. Keep our members, service users and partners updated with monthly and quarterly newsletters via MailChimp
7. Lead on the development and implementation of a social media plan which increases our digital presence and encourages meaningful interactions with our online communities
8. Be a brand guardian for the charity’s brand, ensuring all content and communications follow brand guidelines
9. Carry out market research to better understand our audiences, working alongside the wider team to listen to feedback and better improve our services.
10. Support the wider team to promote their projects, sessions, events and opportunities
11. Assist the wider team with large events, such as the Shepway Sports Trust Awards and the Big Sports Open Day.
12. Track, monitor and analyse relevant marketing data and report monthly.
13. Any other reasonable duties commensurate with the aims of this project and the level of this role, as directed.
Experience of using social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok Experience of managing multiple tasks to deadline Experience of creating digital content, in a personal or professional capacity Previous experience in a marketing role (desirable) Experience of using the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro etc) or equivalent graphic design software (desirable) Knowledge of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and safeguarding (desirable) Excellent written and verbal communication Good time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise on own initiative Able to work both independently and with a team Able to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly, professional and confident manner Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint Curiosity driven, always staying on top of modern technology and trends Highly organised with attention to detail Interest in sport and/or widening sports participation across all sectors of the community (desirable) GCSE English or equivalent No indications in personal background or criminal record to suggest unsuitability to carry out this role (enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check required) Undergraduate degree or equivalent (desirable) Full, clean driving licence and access to own transport (desirable)