Lead Sports Coach - Munchkin Sports - Salary 18,000 - 24,000 - Closing date 3 September 2021
£18,000 - £24,000 yearly
South London Tree Service, Calverley Close, Beckenham, UK
Full time, permanent
Who are We?
At Munchkin Sports we work with over 4000 children each week, gently introducing children to sport and providing each child with the opportunity to develop their Fitness, Agility, Balance, Skills and Spatial Awareness (Munchkin Fundamentals – FABSS) and above all else, have fun! It is our intention that every child that attends one of our classes or camps goes away with a sense of fulfilment and loves physical activity and/or sport!
With an abundance of offerings, we can build you a full-time coaching schedule:
- Physical Education within Schools
- Youth Sports Programming (Weekends)
- Afterschool Clubs
- Managing Holiday Camps
We offer programmes, camps and classes for children aged 2-11 years old across a range of sports and activities, for which we provide the curricula and training needed for our coaching staff to succeed, including; Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS), Multi-Sports, Rugby, Football, Hockey, Cricket, Netball, Athletics, American Sports, Tennis, Dance, Gymnastics, Fitness (Tougher Munchkins) and much much more!
Who do we want?
We want someone with bags of energy and enthusiasm, an open mind and growth mindset, ready to be the best they can possibly be on any given day, delivering a profession, high level of sport coaching education in a fun and safe environment!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, deliver, lead and review sports classes and camps according to our age specific sports curriculum.
- Support, motivate and mentor junior coaching staff.
- Provide excellent customer service to parents, children and clients.
- Assist with the operational management of venues, including session planning and administrative tasks.
- Ensure all children receive a high quality and fun sporting experience.
- Grow and develop the Munchkin Sports brand by assisting with marketing and promotions of Munchkin products and services.
- Carry out additional roles and duties including but not limited to; logistics, staffing, recruitment, planning, marketing.
- Experience of working with children.
- Passionate about sport and physical activity and developing other coaches as well as oneself.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to keep young children engaged in sports activities.
- Organised and highly reliable – excellent time management essential.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering fun, educational sports classes.
- Professional coaching or teaching qualification desirable but not essential.
- Hold a full driving license and have access to own transport.
- Has a growth mindset and a willingness to learn and better oneself.
- Desire to develop on a career pathway with us.
Successful candidate will receive;
- Competitive Salary.
- 20 days holiday (per annum) + bank holidays.
- Coaching attire & equipment.
- Full DBS check.
- Paediatric First Aid training.
- Safeguarding Training.
- Full training and a progressive staff development system.
- Opportunity to gain additional coaching qualifications.
- Career development opportunities.
- Other perks and benefits (on completion of training).