Head of Analysis - Leicester Tigers - Closing date 23 June 2021
Oadby, Leicester, UK
Full time, permanent
HEAD OF ANALYSIS
Job Title: Head of Analysis Reports to: Head Coach Salary: Dependent upon Experience Closing Date: 23 June 2021 @ 17:00 Interview Date: Week Commencing 28 June 2021
We are excited to announce that an opportunity has opened up at Leicester Tigers, to join as the new Head of Analysis.
The appointed person will direct and develop the Performance Analysis Department, as well as lead in the innovation of all performance analysis systems at the Club.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing Tigers’ team videos, providing both qualitative and quantitative analysis reports in accordance with the needs of the Head Coach and coaching team;
• Reviewing opposition teams, providing both qualitative and quantitative analysis reports in accordance with the needs of the Head Coach and coaching team;
• Assisting in the identification and recruitment of players to Leicester Tigers;
• Providing insights, knowledge and value to coaching meetings and team-feedback sessions, when required by the Head Coach;
• Providing real-time analysis, statistics and/or trends, as required, during live-match situations;
• Highlighting and reporting on performance issues with the assistance of video analysis;
• Compiling, maintaining and updating a video database, as well as maintaining the Leicester Tigers’ video library;
• Seeking new and innovative performance analysis trends, while ensuring that the coaching team are fully appraised of any/all cutting-edge technology;
• Carrying out any other duties and tasks required by management which are within the post-holder’s capabilities.
Who we are looking for:
First and foremost, it’s important to us at Leicester Tigers that we bring the right people into our environment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to actively and consistently exhibit the Club’s four key values:
• Club First: To keep the success of the ‘collective’ in mind in all that they do;
• Tough: To embrace hard work, and to be unwavering in their application and focus;
• Passionate: To genuinely care about their contributions, and how impactful they are in their role;
• Driven: To demonstrate a hunger for personal and professional development; challenging themselves, and those around them.
Working within a fast-paced and high intensity environment, the successful candidate will need the ability to think on their feet, effectively organise/prioritise their workload, and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach.
• Ample experience of working with key performance analysis software packages within an applied setting (i.e. Sports Code, Hudl);
• Significant experience of having applied excellent analytical skills within sport;
• An excellent working knowledge of Rugby Union;
• Experience in presenting to and communicating clearly with a wide variety of stakeholders (inc. Athletes, Support Staff, and Coaches);
• A degree in Performance Analysis or related subject;
• The ability to work unsociable hours, travel internationally and work away from home;
• A full and valid UK driving licence, with access to own vehicle;
• Eligible to work in the UK.
• Previous experience of leading a performance analysis department/team;
• Experience of proactively leading innovative performance analysis projects.
How to Apply: If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please download and complete our application form (https://www.leicestertigers.com/club/vacancies). Once complete, please return by email to . Covering Letters and CVs need not be submitted. All applications should be submitted no later than 23 June 2021 at 17:00. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 28 June 2021.