Collectively, the Board of Directors of Wiltshire County FA are required to direct the business affairs of the Association and to determine the vision and strategy, plans, policies and financial investment required to
achieve the associations aims. As such, individually and collectively, the Directors are accountable to the Membership.
• To oversee the partnerships & sponsorship agreements in respect of the Wiltshire County FA.
• To oversee the media and public relations of the Wiltshire County FA.
• To contribute to the overall company strategy and policy making by advising the board on the maximising of commercial opportunities.
• To work with the CEO and the board to maximise commercial opportunities across the Wiltshire County FA by :
• Identifying partnership and sponsorship opportunities
• Ensuring consistent branding and marketing
• Reviewing partnership and sponsorship agreements and contracts
• Supporting the promotion of Wiltshire FA events and activities.
• Serve as a Director of Wiltshire FA and to actively participate in its strategic management.
• Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation.
• Safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association.
• Establish clear objectives to deliver the agreed strategy and business plan and regularly review performance against those objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, holding the CEO to account for the effective management and delivery of the Association’s strategic aims and objectives.
• Set challenging objectives for continuously improved performance.
• Oversee the management of risk to the Association, including matters of Health and Safety.
• Develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure.
• Monitor the financial affairs of the Association through reports provided by the Finance Director and to ensure the effective use of financial and other resources.
• Contribute to constructive debate on all Board matters.
• Promote equality of opportunity throughout the Association.
• Fully participate in Board induction, training or development and performance monitoring.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
• Direct the efforts of the communication and public relations at the strategic and tactical levels.
• Coordinate media interest in Wiltshire FA and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Recommend short-and long-term Wiltshire FA communication & commercial goals and objectives to the Board of Directors.
Strategic leadership and management skills. The ability to develop and monitor organisational strategy.
• Decision-making skills. The appropriate use of knowledge and experience to make informed decisions to the benefit of the organisation.
• The ability to debate, discuss and challenge in a constructive manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to form strong, productive relationships both internally and externally to the benefit of the association.
• An ability to understand financial accounts, management accounts and budgeting.
• Access to and ability to use, email and the internet.
• Strong knowledge and experience of marketing and communications
• A sound understanding of the volunteer/professional relationship and how this can best work to support the work of the association.
• Significant relevant experience and proven success in commercial and partnership roles.
• An understanding of and a commitment to equality in action.
• Interest in grassroots sport and knowledge & understanding of not for profit organisations.