To assist the staff in the preparation of Centre facilities in the highest standard for use by the public. To undertake a range of duties which will include gym inductions, teach gym based classes, set up and break down of sports equipment and general maintenance and cleaning of our centre and to oversee the general safety and behaviour of the public to prevent injury, misuse and damage to our centre.
The Leisure Centre Attendant will be an all-round leisure attendant with the ability to be deployed in a number of areas: greeting visitors, lifeguard, additional staff presence in the gym, setting up the sports hall/classrooms/ ready for customer bookings.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Provide a warm, friendly, and efficient welcome to customers, check them in, answer their queries, and direct them to the appropriate location.
• Be a contact point for customers, wherever you are deployed.
• Be able to give customers accurate information about the Portland Centre, and its activities, face to face, and over the phone.
• Undertake regular building checks to ensure that high standards of cleanliness are being
maintained and carry out reactive cleaning duties to support our cleaning team.
• Adhere to and help enforce all Health and Safety standards, centre rules, regulations, and policies
• To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
• Comply with all Charity policies.
• Maintain the highest standards at all times.
• Ensure five-star customer service at all times.
• Ensure that equipment for bookings is set up in good time.
• Promote the Notts County Foundation and The Portland Centre brand and ethos in a
professional, strong and positive manner.
• Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and
when required to promote best practice.
• To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines in your role.
• To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of
concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
• A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
• Willingness to attend training courses including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
• Demonstrate the Charity’s values at all times.
• Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
• Develop new programmes and activities to maximise use of the facility.