We are looking for someone with a passion for running to join a young, passionate and growing company.
Working directly with our operations team to organise and deliver running events in the South of England
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the set up and smooth running of events, focussing on course set up and marshal management.
- Create detailed documentation to outline the course set up for each event, including contingencies in case last minute changes are necessary.
- Assist in event preparation, including testing and packing equipment.
- Carry out internal and external course measurements where required.
- Assist with planning for staffing, safety and entertainment requirements on race routes.
- Be the lead cyclist for events - guiding the runners around the course and checking for any issues which need to be addressed.
- Checking venues and courses pre-event for any potential hazards.
- Debrief after events, analysing areas to improve.
- Regular stock taking, ordering new equipment when necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working in live events, an interest in running and be a fast learner.
- Able to work to strict deadlines and calm under pressure
- Confident and able to ride a bike or drive a vehicle at the front of a road race
- Ability to carry out manual tasks
- Desire to learn, develop and advance personal career prospects
- Passion for delivering faultless events with a customer-centric focus
- Willing to work on weekends
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience working live events
- Keen interest in and knowledge of running and sport
- Knowledge of UK road running, and the safety requirements and licensing/certification process
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience driving a small van