Hospitality and Commercial Sales
Full time (35 hours per week)
Sunderland AFC is looking to appoint a Sales Executive within their hospitality and commercial sales team based at Black Cat House. Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager, the primary focus is on the development and achievement of new business, including matchday and major events.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Executive role include:
• Identification and development of new ideas to contribute to sales performance
• Working to gain a comprehensive understanding of the target audience/future prospects
• To conduct relevant market research and analysis to identify key trends in business sectors’ advertising and marketing strategies and provide a solution to strategy needs
• To sell sponsorship packages and an array of business assets, including but not limited to, matchday and in stadia advertising, digital assets, stream advertising, perimeter boards, LED advertising and commercial hospitality sponsorships.
• Preparation of creative proposals to attract new sponsors and commercial partners at all levels for the events and surrounding hospitality spaces
• Share sales and sponsorship knowledge and expertise to support marketing strategy
• Manage full sales process of relevant inventory
• Build good internal relationships with all departments, especially Marketing/Communications/PR
• To assist in the management of major accounts as required
• Support Commercial Sales Manager with continuous business development and action of sales initiatives
• Ensuring the highest standard of customer satisfaction through ongoing contact with external clients
• Support with client entertaining and engagement activities
• To liaise with internal clientele to provide an effective, efficient and quality service at all times
• To manage and ensure customer records and accounts are up to date and bookings, in line with Club expectation
• Ensure the Fulfillment team complete all relevant documentation with the customer and the correct process is followed at all times
• Sales co-ordination
• Follow standard operating procedures as set by the Club
• Ability to achieve and exceed specific monthly targets and KPI’s
• Understand and comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at all times
Applicants should have a passion and proven track record for commercial and sponsorship sales with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels. Successful applicants will be expected to achieve KPI’s for sales delivery, new business and revenue generated. Experience is required of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work on your own initiative whilst managing a varied workload.
Experience of working with a company relationship management (CRM) and booking systems and being fully computer literate with all Microsoft Office programs, e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint is essential. The role will also involve working matchdays, and special events as required, so applicants should be flexible with their approach to working hours. A current full UK driving licence is essential.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to email@example.com or send by post to Recruitment, Human Resources, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU. The closing date for all applications is close of business Wednesday 12 May 2021.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally.
Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & VULNERABLE ADULTS
Sunderland AFC recognises that the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC will ensure that safety and protection is given to all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities through adherence to the Safeguarding guidelines adopted by the Club.