England Hockey is looking for an experienced ICT Analyst to support IT project work until September 2021.
Reporting to the IT & Business Systems Manager, the ICT Analyst will assist in delivering first class ICT services to both England Hockey, and its external Stakeholders by ensuring that their day-to-day operational needs are met, participating in the delivery of projects to improve and expand the range of IT services available, and ensuring that England Hockey’s IT security and governance policies are applied to all areas of ICT delivery.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In conjunction with England Hockey’s outsourced support provider, ensure that IT issues, queries, and change requests are logged and resolved to the user’s satisfaction in a timely manner in line with Service Level Agreements.
• To provide first line support for IT issues and changes which are not covered by the outsourcing agreement, liaising with third party suppliers where necessary.
• To be responsible for the purchase, setting up, maintenance and repair of laptops, peripherals, and other ICT equipment and services, as directed by the IT & Business Systems Manager, ensuring compliance with England Hockey’s purchasing policies and approval limits.
• To provide advice, guidance, and training to England Hockey staff on ICT systems in use within the Organisation, to enable them to gain the full benefit of them.
• Support the IT & Business Systems Manager in the planning and delivery of IT projects and initiatives.
• Provide the Competitions & Events Team with an initial point of contact for event IT requirements.
• To carry out day-to-day monitoring of England Hockey’s ICT estate, in conjunction with the outsourced support provider, to ensure potential issues are identified and dealt with proactively, before they impact the organisation.
• To provide first line support for technical issues arising within England Hockey’s mobile device estate, and fixed line voice network.
• To help maintain a high standard of security within England Hockey’s ICT infrastructure by carrying out routine checks of security logs and alerts, ensuring systems and hardware are in compliance with Information Security policies, alerting staff to potential threats, and ensuring any identified vulnerabilities are addressed.
• To be aware of and adhere to the company’s health and safety procedures and associated polices.
• To proactively implement the company’s policies and procedures.
• Any reasonable management request.
The ICT Analyst must demonstrate the England Hockey Brand Personality through their behaviours:
Skills and Abilities
• Confident outgoing personality with a passion for IT
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Office applications, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams.
• Good working knowledge of mobile technology (Apple and Android), and understanding of fixed line voice services (POTS, ISDN, VoIP).
• Good understanding of comms and web technologies – Internet, WiFi, Mobile Data, Web Hosting, SSL, DNS, SMTP.
• Good understanding of IT security – threats, risks, and mitigation.
• Experience of diagnosing faults and user issues via telephone and remote management support.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, SQL Server, and Sage an advantage.
• Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate with non-technical users.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• Strong customer service skills with a propensity to look for opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Ability and willingness to work unsocial hours.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
This job description is not intended to be regarded as inclusive or exhaustive and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation. All employees will be expected to support our major events.