The medical team at Surrey Sports Park are keen to support in the education and development of graduate therapists and consequently are looking to recruit a therapy intern.
Successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Members of Team Surrey, Surrey Universities’ BUCS teams.
• Netball Super-league Franchise Surrey Storm
• British Basketball League Franchise Surrey Scorchers
• High Performance Athletes at Surrey University
Fixed term contract until 31 May 2020.
Hours: Approx. 8hrs per week during term time dependent upon projects assigned. Evening and weekend work will be required. This will be discussed during interview.
Duties & Role Responsibilities:
• Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to a range of athletes & players
• Report on injuries to coaches and members of the support team
• Attend weekly team meetings and CPD sessions
• Be a proactive part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Work within UK Professional Code of Conduct, standards and guidelines and Surrey Sports Park codes, standard and practice.
Graduate in Sports Therapy / Physiotherapy or Sports Rehab and active member of:
• Society Sports Therapists
• Chartered Society Physiotherapists
• Relevant Public Liability Insurance
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in conducting an assessment and treatment session unsupervised
• Experience of how a multidisciplinary team operates
• Up to date knowledge within the field of Sports Therapy / Physio / Sports Rehab.
Surrey Sports Park is at the heart of sport and physical activity in Surrey, and our mission is to deliver the best possible sport, health and wellbeing experience to our University of Surrey students and to the wider SSP community. We provide strategic added value to the University by delivering an outstanding student experience through social and competitive sport and providing an excellent environment for wellness and fitness for Surrey staff and students, and our community impact is significant both culturally and physically.
The supporting statement section should set out how your qualifications, experience and training meet each of the selection criteria. Please provide one or more paragraphs addressing each criterion. The supporting statement is an essential part of the selection process and thus a failure to provide this information will mean that the application will not be considered. An answer to any of the criteria such as "Please see attached CV" will not be considered acceptable.
Please note CVs cannot be accepted without a completed application form.How to applyPlease apply here: