Role: Finance Manager
Reporting into: Chief Executive
• Provide management oversight of the company and Coach Bowls’ finances, ensuring financial processes are robust and supporting the annual external audit.
• Ensure statutory accounts are prepared and subsequently approved by the Board and members.
• Working across the company, support the development of the annual budget and work with budget holders to manage accurate budgets.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, including the initiation and processing of month end journals, and associated analysis and commentary of budget variances.
• The reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts, including accruals and prepayments monthly, and the maintenance of those schedules.
• Support funding submissions and prepare financial returns to Sport England and other funding agencies.
• Prepare and manage accurate cash flow forecasts and oversee statutory reporting requirements to HMRC
• Reconcile BE bank accounts and authorize payments.
• Manage quarterly VAT returns, ensure compliance with tax regulations, and annual review of VAT making adjustment calculations.
• Support clubs with complex financial queries.
• Financial management of development loans and necessary due diligence.
• Support the Chief Executive with any other reasonable additional duties.
Person Specification – Experience
During the application process, we hope you’ll evidence –
• Proven experience in a senior finance role with proficient skills in finance software, ideally Xero
• Experience in the preparation and presentation of financial accounts and good knowledge of accounting standards and good practice
• Experience of setting up accounting, preparing option appraisals, plans, budgets and of exercising budgetary controls
• Experience of developing and operating financial systems and procedures
• Well-developed financial modelling skills to support planning and decision making
• A suitable accountancy qualification is desirable
Person Specification – Skills and Behaviours
Whilst also demonstrating you are -
• The ability to manage and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial process are being used
• Excellent communicator with the ability to form positive relationships throughout the organisation and support colleagues.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Someone with high levels of integrity with a strong commitment to high personal and professional standards
• The ability to contribute to strategic financial planning.
• Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines.
• A person who leads by example with an appetite for continuous improvement.