Head of England Women's Operations -England & Wales Cricket Board - Salary Competitive - Closing date 20 December 2019
Women In Sport
Reporting to: Director, England Women’s Cricket Team: England Women’s Cricket Location: Loughborough Term: Permanent Contract
We’re recruiting for this exciting new role to lead the operations for England Women’s cricket – a critical role in supporting the England women’s cricket team.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We know that cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on peoples’ lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It’s something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy, across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.
OUR VALUES • Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
• Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
• Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
• Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
• You want to demonstrate an innovative, collaborative and supportive approach to logistical excellence for an international sport’s team.
• You pride yourself on outstanding organisation, planning and communication skills, and enjoy the vibrancy of working across a multi-disciplinary team of people.
• You are passionate about working within a high-performance environment and contributing towards shaping of an inspiring culture across the England Women’s Cricket Pathway (EWCP).
• You are excited to join a team which is changing the face of women’s cricket and helping cricket to become a gender-balanced sport.
• Positively contributing towards ‘Inspiring Generations – Inspiring through Elite Teams’ by providing operational leadership to the EWCP.
• Leading the effective coordination of all EWCP operational requirements to support a world leading England women’s cricket team and pathway programmes.
• Accountable for the implementation of all ECB policies including safeguarding & welfare across the EWCP.
• Collaborating with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of strategic business plans of England women’s cricket.
• Working with the EWCP Leadership Team to prepare and deliver a collaborative and inspiring performance plan that connects the EWCP programmes.
• Monitoring and reporting back on the key operational milestones of the performance plan.
• Leading the implementation and delivery of an effective Athlete Management System to enhance the development and management of players across the EWCP.
• Working closely with PCA and legal counsel on the drafting of England women’s central contracts and Conditions of Employment.
• Line-managing the England Women’s Operations Executive to deliver against the operational needs of the EWCP.
• Managing and leading a team of contractor touring Team Managers to deliver on tour operational support to players and staff.
• Overseeing the communications and delivery of player registration processes for England Contracted players participating in overseas tournaments (Player Release Agreements).
• Working closely with ICC around tournament operations and logistics to ensure all competition regulations, medical protocols, accreditation and any updated playing conditions are distributed to relevant personnel.
• Working with the Director, England Women’s Cricket and others to plan and prepare annual budgets for presentation to the MD, Women’s Cricket.
• Overseeing the administration of all financial processes across the EWCP and managing the budget effectively and within the timelines of our financial calendar.
• Working closely with the ICC, LOC, overseas boards and other ECB stakeholders to ensure the effective participation for the England Women’s cricket team in ICC Global events/competitions and bilateral series.
• The confidence to operate independently whilst providing senior support for your direct report.
• The ability to take an innovative approach in managing all aspects of England women’s operations.
• Demonstrable experience in working with a highly skilled management team to enable the short, medium and long-term operational planning that contributes to success.
• Extensive experience within a strategic and/or operational role with demonstrable experience of managing, engaging and influencing people to drive positive change.
• Line management experience in a similar role.
• Experience of managing complex multi-organisational stakeholder relationships.
• A high degree of personal resilience to cope with the demands of working within elite sport and to be relied on by the organisation, players and staff to handle pressure in critical moments.
• Proven track record delivering, communicating and ensuring the successful implementation of new policies (safeguarding and/or welfare policies would be an advantage).
• Previous experience influencing stakeholders at all levels and within other functional areas of the ECB e.g. legal counsel.
• Previous experience drafting contracts and legal documentation is desirable.
• Competitive salary • 25 days’ holiday per annum • Private medical insurance and ‘Employee Health CashBack plan • Non-contributory 8% pension • Long-term sickness insurance and life assurance
The England and Wales Cricket Board is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.