The Royal Yachting Association, based in Hamble near Southampton, is the national governing body for all forms of boating, including dinghy and yacht racing, motor and sail cruising, RIBs and sports boats, windsurfing, inland cruising and narrowboats, and personal watercraft.
The RYA has an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their HR career. We are recruiting for a standalone HR Advisor, reporting to the Finance Director, who will also receive mentoring and personal development through the support of an external HR consultancy.
This is an autonomous role that will require a confident and flexible HR Advisor who is willing to be involved in every aspect of the HR function and support a workforce across the UK of approximately 190 employees.
As the HR Advisor your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Acting as the first point of contact for all HR queries, providing advice and guidance to managers and employees. Ensuring consistent interpretation and implementation of employment law, HR policies and procedures and best practice.
• Administering and processing all HR correspondence, including starters, leavers, probation reviews, holiday, maternity/paternity leave, employee benefits and references.
• Be actively involved in the full recruitment process, including preparing job descriptions, posting advertisements, attending interviews and drafting offer letters & contracts of employment.
• Supporting managers and employees with the appraisal process, ensuring requests for personal development are actioned in conjunction with the relevant line manager.
• Facilitating the annual employee survey process including collating and analysing results, reporting on the results and devising an appropriate action plan.
• Working with the external HR consultancy on projects and initiatives associated with the HR function.
We are looking for someone who can build strong, effective working relationships and who has a commitment to inclusive working, ensuring equality and valuing diversity.
Candidates are to be be CIPD qualified to a minimum of Level 5 and have experience of working in a generalist HR environment, including experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels and in all aspects of HR and training & development.