Energy Squad (Seasonal) with Detroit Tigers - closing date 11 december 2019
Detroit · MI
Reporting to the Promotions and Special Events Coordinator, the Detroit Tigers part-time, seasonal Promotions/Entertainment Crew, called “Energy Squad” is a fan-interactive and energetic team that works all Detroit Tigers home games at Comerica Park. They are responsible for the implementation of fan interaction, in-game entertainment, and brand marketing. They display a friendly, enthusiastic, positive, energetic, professional and outgoing attitude at games and off-site appearances. Energy Squad members must be available for the entire baseball season and off-season appearances as needed.
· Serve as a brand ambassador for the club at all home games and special events
· Assist in driving in-game and in-park excitement through planned and organic programming and activations
· Assist with varying aspects of the in-game entertainment experience including corporate partner activations, fan interactives, etc.
· Game operations responsibilities include: in-game promotions, escorting team mascot, communicating and assisting the promotions staff, assisting fans as needed/requested, etc.
· Interacting with, motivating and energizing Tigers fans at all assigned Tigers home games and Tigers events
· Keeping uniform in pristine condition
· Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· A minimum of 1-year experience in entertainment/promotions and performing in front of and entertaining large crowds
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be reliable and able to arrive at Comerica Park at least 2 hours prior to game times
· Must be available to work at least 75% of all 2020 Tigers home games
· Must be courteous and have good listening and multi-tasking skills
· Energy Squad must display professionalism whenever they are wearing the Energy Squad uniform, as they are brand ambassadors for the entire Detroit Tigers organization
· Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment and professional manner
· Must be available to work during all Tigers home games and outside appearances as needed, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
· Must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the Detroit, MI metro area
· Knowledge of Tigers baseball is required
· Must be available for an interview on the following dates:
o Wednesday, January 8, 2020
o Thursday, January 9, 2020
o Sunday, January 12, 2020
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.