The Hockey Victoria Competitions Coordinator is responsible for the efficient/professional coordination and delivery of Hockey Victoria’s (HV) Junior & Senior competitions and administration of the HV Judicial and Tribunal process.
Hockey Victoria provide a diverse range of competition structures for Juniors, Seniors, Masters, Social, Summer and Indoor players, to provide all year access to the sport of hockey for the Victorian community. In addition, HV delivers a variety of competitive events for junior and senior players throughout the year.
The Competition Coordinator is directly responsible for the ongoing coordination and timely communication of Junior and Senior competition calendars (including fixtures), structures, and rule & regulations.
This role also coordinates the process of implementation of the HV Judicial and Tribunal system, as well as coordination of all HV competition related fines.
Hockey Victoria Junior and Senior Competitions Coordination:
- In accordance with specific timelines, prepare and manage on an ongoing basis, fixtures for Junior and Senior HV competitions, and assist with summer competitions as required.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Competitions, review the HV Junior and Senior competitions including annual gradings, rules & regulations and junior information guide.
- Coordinate player eligibility and all other administrative tasks for Junior and Senior competitions.
- Liaise with a range of HV Advisory Groups/Committee’s as required.
- In accordance with the rules and regulations, administer all relevant fines across all winter competitions.
- In accordance with the rules, manage relevant competition related enquiries from HV affiliates.
- Assist in maintaining competitions webpage on HV website and specific databases including RevolutioniseSport for all competition related information, to ensure accurate, accessible information is available to HV stakeholders.
- Coordinate relevant competition results, including upload (RevolutioniseSport ) and distribution, including administering of related club fines.
- Assist in the management of annual SNHC pitch bookings process for all relevant competitions, and maintenance of the internal bookings calendar.
HV Judicial and Tribunal system
- Coordinate the application of HV Judicial System across all competitions and events.
- Process all Reports as they come in as per the timelines.
- Be the first point of contact for all Investigation Officers.
- Coordinate the Tribunal Panel
- Accurately maintain the discipline related records
- Assist in preparation of relevant budgets within the department and provide up to date financial details to Head of Competitions.
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of competition medals and pennants.
- Assist in the delivery of the Premier League Live Stream program
- Coordinate the HV Finals Series
- Ensure the delivery of media strategy for all relevant competitions.
- Other matters as may be delegated from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer and/or Chief Operating Officer
POSITION SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Developed organisational skills and volunteer management.
- Outstanding communicator with interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to be work flexible hours when required (evenings and weekends)
- Computer/database experience
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Appropriate sports management/administration qualifications
- An understanding of Victorian hockey competitions (primarily metropolitan)
- Understanding of a sporting club environment
- A working knowledge of the HV Rules/Regulations/Schedules
- Experience in sports judicial systems