- Canberra location
- Work for High Performance within an Olympic sport
- Excellent career opportunity
Gymnastics Australia (GA) is the national governing body for gymnastics within Australia. Established in 1949, Gymnastics Australia's mission is to promote, develop and grow gymnastics for the enjoyment of all. Encompassing seven gymsports being the Olympic disciplines of Women's and Men's Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline Gymnastics, as well as Aerobic Gymnastics, Acrobatic Gymnastics and Gymnastics for All, gymnastics provides opportunities for all Australians.
Gymnastics Australia is committed to protecting children and young people from harm and as an employee you will be required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Member Protection and Child Safe Policies.
You can find more information about Gymnastics Australia here: gymnastics.org.au
What is Gymnastics Australia looking for in their HP Operations Manager?
An experienced professional to lead and manage the Gymnastics Australia (GA) High Performance Plan’s (HPP) key strategic objectives and priorities, to ensure its operational activities are implemented to achieve GA’s aspiration of competitive gymnasts at Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games and World Championships.
The High Performance (HP) Operations Manager reports directly to the National Performance Director (NPD).
Who are you?
To be considered for this role, you will be an outstanding communicator, natural analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to analyse, interpret and accurately report on data from a number of sources to develop timely, compelling and concise advice and reports to support HP decision-making and communications. This experience will ideally be from within a HP sport environment utilising modern performance sport survey, planning, and reporting tools.
Key Performance Areas:
- HP Operations and Governance
- Compliance and Communication
- National Training Centre (NTC) | Sport Sector engagement
- Athlete Categorisation and funding /support programs
- Project management - Olympic Gymsport Campaign Plans
The ideal candidate will have;
- Tertiary qualifications and/or industry certification in sports management or similar field
- Significant knowledge and applied experience within a National Sport System to optimize international and national performance outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in the management, administration and governance of HP and elite sport delivery
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Ability to develop, monitor and improve effective compliance programs, to work with athletes and other key stakeholders to formulate and deliver on plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and execute plans via multiple channels to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide timely, compelling, accurate and concise advice to support decision making.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing and developing teams that can deliver consistently over time.
- Experience and evidence of developing and implementing strategies that provide competitive advantages to optimize international and national performance outcomes.
- Knowledge of the Australian Sport System including GA and its member associations, the AIS, SportAUS, AOC, CGA and NIN.
- Highly developed written skills, with ability to deliver under pressures of time and additional priorities.
- High degree of computer literacy including but not limited to proficiency of Microsoft Office suite of programs (Teams, Excel, Outlook, PPT), online forms and APPS such as JotForm TeamAPP.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a multi-tasking environment, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated individual who has a passion for sport
- Comfortable setting high standards, leading change and developing accountability with team members.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style to build effective relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including ability to develop reports and make presentations.
- Capable of building strong positive relationships that motivate and inspire others.