- Partner with clubs, schools & associations to grow Tennis participation in the Brisbane Metro area
- Join a passionate team and become part of a fun and inclusive culture
- Flexible work practices, ensuring a positive work-life balance
It's an exciting time for tennis in Australia and we have ambitious plans to continue to grow the game from grassroots through to high performance. We are transforming how we deliver tennis, with the aim of making it more accessible, to more people, more often. To help us achieve our plan we are looking for a Tennis Development Officer based out of our head office in Tennyson to join our team at Tennis Queensland and contribute to the growth of tennis across the state.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Tennis - South, in this role you will:
- Assist in delivering the Queensland Tennis Centre Facilities Plan, specifically in relation to court maintenance and accessibility
- Work with our Commercial Club operators to grow participation and provide playing opportunities
- Support clubs to attract government funding for maintenance and upgrading of tennis assets
- Develop positive relationships with club and association stakeholders within the region to influence, adopt and drive change
- Engage coaches, clubs and councils to increase tennis participation in the region
- Assist in the creation of a regional competitive play pathways
- Assist in influencing schools to adopt national programs and participate in competition structures through local school sporting bodies and associations / clubs
- Facilitate strong relationships between clubs and coaches using the club coach agreement as the tool for engagement and delivery of mutually beneficial outcomes
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people such as commercial club operators, volunteers, coaches, associations and local government agencies
- A demonstrated understanding of sports administration ideally gleaned through volunteer experience in a club or association level community sport
- An understanding of the tennis environment and the various stakeholders it engages
- An understanding of club, association and regional development issues and the external influence which affect the delivery of the sport and events
- Competition administration experience, experience with membership platforms and experience with club governance and working with officials
- An introductory coaching qualification (highly desirable)
- A current drivers licence and current first aid certificate
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
What's in it for you?
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- Monthly health & wellbeing activities through our Serving Your Health program
- Flexible working practices & a range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
If you think you're up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you! A copy of the position description can be found here. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications Close on Monday 8th March, 2021 at 11:00pm (AEST) however we will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.
Tennis is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role