Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Facilities and Operations Manager, the Lifeguard is responsible for the smooth and safe running of the CGS Aquatic Facilities. This is a casual ongoing role.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the aquatic facilities are well maintained and setup for bookings
- Act as a Warden in the event of an emergency or evacuation
- Ensure that the water in both pools is tested at the commencement of each shift and before activities commence
- Assist user groups with the management of scoreboards, AV equipment, event set up and pack up
- Provide immediate First Aid to spectators, patrons & athletes as required
- Maintain vigilant oversight of the security of the Aquatic facilities with particular attention to unauthorised access to pool deck
- Meet the information needs of staff and families in relation to the activities in progress within the aquatic facilities
- Actively contribute to the provision of a clean and safe facility, ensuring compliance with the relevant legislative requirements
- Undertake regular cleaning and tidying duties to ensure the maintenance of a safe environment for staff and patrons
- Allocate lane spacing appropriate to swimmers and groups as required and assist with setting up and packing away equipment
- Comply with legislative requirements in line with the Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation
- Advise management personnel of requirements for re-stocking of first aid, cleaning and chemical supplies
- Provide adequate supervision of aquatic facilities to ensure the safety of all facility users
- Maintain concentrated observation of pools and patrons to anticipate and respond to problems
- Identify and quickly respond appropriately to any emergency
- Ensure facility rules are being obeyed whilst at the same time educating facility users about safe aquatic practices
- Carry out intervention and preventative action to ensure the safety and well-being of patrons, the facility and equipment
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Ability to administer first aid and provide leadership in the case of an emergency
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working in an Aquatics area under the principles of best practice and safe pool operations
- Understanding of OH&S policies and procedures
- Experience as a lifeguard
- Knowledge of the Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage individual and team priorities to deliver quality work to deadline
- Friendly, enthusiastic and professional approach
- Positively works to and actively demonstrate CGS’s workplace values
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner
- Maintain high standards of presentation and personal grooming
- Confident and assertive in emergency situations
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV to HR at CGS online by clicking the apply button below.
Please note: the interview process may commence immediately, so please apply sooner, rather than later, to ensure you don't miss out.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and young people and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.