Triathlon Australia (TA) is the governing body for the sport of triathlon in Australia. TA is recognised by World Triathlon (WT) and Sport Australia (SA) as the National Federation representing Triathlon.
The TA High Performance program is a partnership between TA, SA and the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). The program provides a nationally integrated and coordinated approach to assist the development and preparation of elite and sub-elite athletes who have the potential to succeed at international level in WT racing. The key performance measure for the program is the delivery of medals at the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, Commonwealth Games and WT Championship Series, World Paratriathlon Series and World Triathlon Championship Finals.
The role of the NSW Performance Centre Head Coach is to successfully identify, develop, support and progress talented athletes to achieve medal winning performances in the future, and contribute to the achievement of the TA Strategy and High Performance Plan.
A fixed Full-Time contract to 31st December 2024 has become available with the location of work to be confirmed by agreement with the National Performance Director.
Key Performance Areas & Responsibilities
- Within establish policy parameters, provide overall management responsibility, ensuring high level judgement, decision making and advice to drive and implement the TA Strategic Agenda and High Performance Plan which will include:
- Develop and lead a World Class Daily Training Enviroment
- Contribute to the strategic development and implementation of the TA High Performance strategy
- Foster System Partnerships
- Lead a Community of Practice in NSW
- Support the identification and development of the next generation of Medalists
- Contribute and or prepare reports for the NPD, the Board of TA and other relevant stakeholders as required.
- Actively promote and align to the values of Triathlon Australia.
- Deliver any other request relating to the delivery of TA programs and services as directed by the NPD
- Demonstrated deep understanding of the technical and tactical aspects of Triathlon
- Demonstrated success at triathlon coaching at World Championship Series and World Triathlon level.
- Demonstrated success in managing the development of Junior athletes through to the U23 level.
- Demonstrated success at managing the operational and financial aspects of a project or small program
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of best practice principles of coaching, sports science and technology within an athlete development environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of junior and emerging talent athletes and coaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the demands and dynamics of World Triathlon draft-legal racing
- Demonstrated understanding of the emerging trends in international World Triathlon draft-legal racing
- Financial acumen and budgetary management experience including annual planning, forecasting, contingency planning, grant applications and on-going management
- Outstanding leadership skills with a proven ability to inspire and engage others in a long-term vision