Brand and Fundraising Campaign Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Driving fan engagement, fundraising and brand campaigns for ParalympicsGB
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed term to 31st Dec 2021
HOURS OF WORK: Such hours as are necessary to fulfil the duties. This will involve a minimum of 35 hours per week and include work in evenings and weekends as required.
LOCATION: Working from home or at BPA central London offices. Occasiona ltravel may also be required in the UK
JOB PURPOSE: This is a key role in broadening our fan base and identifying public fundraising opportunities for ParalympicsGB and the British Paralympic Association (BPA). The Brand and Fundraising Manager will work with the Commercial and Communications directorates to maximise opportunities to position ParalympicsGB as a charity and increase fundraising via campaigns focussed on commercial partner activations and through direct public donations. You will also be responsible for helping to devise and approve branding collateral across a range of channels in the build-up to and during the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games and beyond. You will be responsible for inputting into the commercial approval process for partner activations, and ensuring the growth of brand recognition while protecting the integrity of the brand.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES IN DETAIL:
Fan engagement campaign
• Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the Impossible to Ignore public engagement and fundraising campaign. Focused on driving individual giving and partner fundraising and deepening engagement with ParalympicsGB in the run-up to, during and post Tokyo 2020 Paralympics Games.
• Day to day management of multi-channel public engagement and fundraising campaign activity for the Tokyo 2020 campaign
• Provide a supporter experience that increases conversion and retention and builds long term commitment to the charity.
• Assist in the development of fundraising marketing materials including, copywriting, graphics, video and other collateral to support e-comms strategy.
Working with colleagues to advise and support all BPA commercial partners with their delivery of fundraising activity
• Ensure that the BPA maintains a database of supporters in an efficient and compliant manner
• Manage project team working on fundraising campaign with internal and external stakeholders
Get Set youth engagement programme
• Day to day management of youth engagement programme Get Set delivered in partnership with the British Olympic Association.
• This includes managing the relationship with an external agency, liaising with athlete ambassadors, and reviewing resources and marketing plans.
• Working with the BPA’s Communications and Commercial teams to maximise brand exposure for ParalympicsGB and BPA brands through our owned and partner channels
• Strong understanding of the use of brand assets in fully integrated campaigns while adhering to brand guidelines
• Being aware of current trends in brand activation to ensure ParalympicsGB utilises all possible routes to promote the team and gives appropriate recognition to commercial partners
• Working with suppliers on production of physical branding items for pre-Games and Games events to include team launch, prep camp, athlete village, homecoming celebrations/parade
• Working closely with Communications and Commercial teams to ensure consistency of BPA and ParalympicsGB creative look and feel across all activity
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation through appropriate processes of consultation and the mutual agreement of both parties.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working on fundraising or brand activation campaigns
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Communications and marketing experience managing successful fundraising campaigns
• Ability to manage multi-channel marketing activations and multi-skilled teams
• Experience of working on effective marketing or fundraising campaigns with measurable reach to target audiences
• Experience of creating a range of digital assets such as graphics, imagery and video content
• Strong copywriting skills and experience of working with html newsletter templates.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to write key messages and documents to a high level and tight timescale;
• Strong verbal communication/presentation skills
• Experience of managing and reporting against agreed organisational budgets;
• Experience of project management
• A passion for Paralympic sport and the impact of the Paralympic movement
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALITIES
Communication: The ability to express message and impart information clearly, concisely and convincingly to a wide variety of audiences and through a variety of mechanisms, including both verbal and written communication.
Creativity: The ability to understand a problem or issue, and the factors that influence it, and consider constructive inventive ways in which a solution can be found and a positive work outcome achieved. The desire constantly to consider ways in which existing practices could be done better and more efficiently.
Organisational Skills A self-starter with the confidence to plan, organise and execute work programmes, often working to tight deadlines.