To inspire young people to get active, have fun and build a lifelong love of Cricket! You will be involved in exciting activities throughout the seventeen boroughs of Middlesex, gaining insight and experience into coaching and sports development. This Apprenticeship is offered in partnership with Mitre Group – Leader in Training and will provide the successful candidates with the following qualifications:
• Level 2 certificate in promoting Community Health & Wellbeing
• Level 2 in safeguarding children & vulnerable adults
• UKCC2 Coaching Young Adults Cricket
• Level 1 or 2 in English & Maths
You will be part of a dedicated Participation Team within Middlesex Cricket, who work in one of the most vibrant cities in the world, London! We are a county that embraces difference, pushes the boundaries on what can be achieved and wants to lead on the world stage. We believe in the power of sport, in its ability to unify communities, develop people and improve environments so that everyone can take part and thrive in cricket!
• Assist the delivery of an exciting new cricket programme for 5-8-year old’s & tapeball cricket at our Street Hubs
• Join a qualified coach in delivering sessions in Infant, Primary, Secondary and specialist SEN Schools
• Through coaching, help a young person to find clubs and community sessions to carry on playing cricket
• To umpire and score at all Middlesex school and community competitions
• Help to deliver Match day activation at the Home of cricket, Lord’s and Middlesex out-grounds
• Talking to members, community groups and cricket fans about what Middlesex Cricket can offer
• Assisting the development of cricket in 17 London Boroughs in accordance with the Middlesex Cricket Strategic Plan, contributing to the responsibilities of the Participation Team as directed by the Director of Participation
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Enthusiastic and committed to results
• Enjoys working as part of a team and meeting individual targets
• Enjoys talking to people and helping people to have fun!
• Enjoys learning and is excited about personal development
• Confident to travel by public transport to various locations
Do you want to be involved?
The role requires candidates to obtain a UKCC Level 2 Cricket Coaching qualification, plus Safeguarding & First Aid certificates and apply for a cricket specific Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Check. Middlesex Cricket will support all successful candidates to achieve the above.