Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
The Casual Fitness Instructor is responsible for supervision of the public and members using the Manly Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Aquatic Centre and to provide professional assistance and advice relating to Health and Fitness programs.
- Supervise patrons using the Manly Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Aquatic Centre areas
- Ensuring safe and effective use of Fitness Centre equipment
- Ensure that customers are abiding by conditions of entry and centre rules
- Conduct regular fitness assessments and prescribe exercise programs to new members of the Manly Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Aquatic Centre
- Advise the Team Leader Customer Relations on equipment requirements and the state of equipment including reporting faults and repairs required
- Take customer and membership telephone and walk-in enquires competently
- Provide up to date information to staff and customers regarding Pool Bookings, Lane Availability, Group Fitness classes and Crèche bookings
- Log all bookings for fitness assessments and personal training sessions in the bookings register, and confirm next day appointments by contacting members the day prior
- Administer first aid and resuscitation when necessary
- Ensuring that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facilities at all times by carrying out all necessary cleaning during operational hours and the management of contract cleaners after hours
- Provide patrons where required with correction and education of technique whilst using fitness equipment
Please refer to the Position Description for more information: Click here for PD
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Experience working in a Fitness Centre environment
- Experience in developing personal fitness programs for sporting groups, corporate clients and special populations
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' link to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Kim Mayfield on (02) 8495 6116 during business hours.