Active Day Camps
ACTIVITY LEADER POSITION AVAILABLE 2021
Active Day Camps aim to provide inclusive and specialist activities for children aged 3-12 years. This is achieved through the running of multi-sport activity holiday camps in every school holiday. Active Day Camps offer a choice of activities such as a variety of sports, art, and drama within a structured framework.
Are you passionate about sport art or drama? Then this may be the job for you!
Active Day Camps are looking to add more coaches to our great team of staff. We are looking to hire enthusiastic, energetic, dynamic individuals who enjoy working with children and who want to help children develop further and find their own type of active through our sport, art, and drama activities.
Active Day Camps are looking for individuals who have experience working with children (preferred not essential). Also, those who have previous experience teaching sport/art/drama (preferred not essential).
Activity Leader Job Description:
Consistent working hours Monday – Friday of 9am-4pm or 4:30pm, arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift.
Salary – hourly rate to be based on qualifications and experience.
The job involves working at our holiday camps, where you will lead and or assist various sport, art, and drama activities. You will oversee a group of children (7-18 children per group), either on your own, or with another coach or with a work experience to assist you with the setting up of the session.
There will also be the opportunity to work at birthday parties, weekend sport clubs or at after school clubs further into employment.
Other Duties Include:
• Assist and maintain a base area that is suitable for the children.
• Follow company safeguarding protocols to ensure the children will have fun in a safe environment.
• Ensure the children’s safety and their needs are met throughout the day including during break and lunch times.
• Engage with the children, find out what they like and do not like and try incorporating their likes into their day/week as much as possible.
• Helping other coaches put equipment away tidily at the end of the day before leaving.
• Fulfil the company’s health and safety obligations.
• Encourage children to take part in all activities throughout the day.
• Ensure you follow camp procedures such as registration and collection protocols.
• Report any injuries, or any concerns regarding child protection to your Management Team.
If you do not have an enhanced DBS we will need to carry out a DBS check through Active Day Camps before your start date.
You will be expected to attend a training day prior to the start of the first half term you are due to start. If you cannot attend for a valid reason someone from management will brief you over the phone prior to your first day. Training days typically happen the Saturday before the first day of camp.
Our camps run in Hampstead, Highgate, St John’s Wood, Belsize Park, Chelsea, and Wimbledon.
You will be given a timetable of activities to follow.
You will have a 30-minute lunch break, where you can go out for food or get a delivery.
Regular team socials after each camp, linked to other part time jobs.
How to apply:
Get in touch via email at email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 10th March 2021.