Columbus Crew SC is seeking a Supporter Relations Coordinator to develop and maintain relations with Supporters for matchday & non-matchday initiatives, city marketing, ticketing, and supporter recruitment. The Supporter Relations Coordinator is responsible for all Club communication with the Nordecke Supporter group and has a real understanding and passion for the MLS fan culture, which will help create a memorable experience both on and outside of matchday.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Advertising and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the intermediary between the Supporters and Club, which includes serving as the main point of contact for all supporter engagement and Crew SC supporter ticket sales and service.
- Work with Supporters on a TIFO schedule throughout the season – making sure they are aware of theme nights, team/player milestones, etc. to ensure they are cohesive with club initiatives.
- Serve as the main point of contact and organizer for the supporter “March to the Match,” which includes setting up entertainment, speakers, and run of show. Also includes working with Operations and City officials to ensure areas as reserved, blocked off, and fully secured.
- Establish additional supporter matchday ceremonies and traditions.
- Keep Supporter leadership updated with regularly scheduled meetings (at least bi-weekly) and channeling updates, questions and needs back to the Club’s front office.
- Update Supporter leadership on new Club and team developments and upcoming announcements so communication and social engagement is cohesive.
- Work collectively with Crew ticket sales and service to foster current relationships and develop new sales opportunities.
- Assist Crew sales team on developing sales and renewal campaigns, directed to Supporters, that help drive revenue.
- Assist the Supporters with potential fundraising needs, such as social support, exclusive auction items, potential access to players/executive staff.
- Organize grassroots efforts within the community, and with Supporter assistance, to gain awareness about the Nordecke and increase membership
- Manage data capture and implementation by conducting surveys with potential supporters to obtain information gathered at events that help identify leads for ticket sales.
- Collaborate with the all departments to plan and properly execute matchday and non-matchday events and activations successfully.
- Assist the Marketing Department with the execution of engaging pre-match ceremonies and halftime activations that appeal to partners and supporters and identify future opportunities.
- Assist with other Marketing club events or matchday needs, as deemed necessary by the Director of Marketing and/or VP of Marketing.
Required skills, experience & abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Business Administration, Marketing or related fields
- Minimum of 2-year experience developing and planning marketing initiatives. Experience within the Columbus market a plus
- Understanding of Major League Soccer Supporter culture with the ability to work with multiple leadership groups, both internal and external
- High proficiency in building and maintaining positive relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated professionalism with both internal and external audiences
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large group of staff and/or volunteers
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.