JOB TITLE: Foundation/Development Academy Phase Coach (U9 – U16)
REPORTS TO: Head of Coaching / Head of Academy
LOCATION: Bridgwater Town F.C – Fairfax Park – Bridgwater.
HOURS: 6 hours per week, exact hours and days to be agreed, flexibility in this role is essential as it includes evening and weekend work.
DATE: May 2021
The role of Foundation/Development Phase Coach is to work alongside the Head of Coaching and Lead Foundation
Phased Coach in the organisation and delivery of the Foundation/Development Phase Coaching and games
programme in line with the Coaching Competency Framework, Staff Development Plans, Players ILP’s,
and Academy Training Needs Analysis
In addition, the successful candidate will support all players within the phase across the
4 corners (Technical/Tactical, Physical, Psychological, Social).
Organisation and Delivery of the Foundation Phase Coaching and Games Programme in line
with Bridgwater TFC’s values and behaviours.
Support Coaching duties for the Foundation/development Phase age groups.
A clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan.
Multi-disciplinary communication to ensure the well-being and holistic development of the
Foundation Phase Players
Plan, deliver and evaluate every coaching session in accordance with the Club Philosophy,
Coaching Plan and Coach Competency Framework.
Along with relevant support staff, ensure that the training programme is clearly planned with
clear objectives on Bridgwater TFC’s ASC cloud
Document each session plan prior to delivery of the coaching session, including individual and
team key coaching points and learning objectives for each player using the Performance
Management Application (ASC).
Evaluate coaching sessions, documenting achievement of learning objectives on ASC.
Link all individual and team learning objectives to the Foundation Phase Technical Coaching
Plan each coaching session in accordance with the individual player and team requirements
of the Sports Science and Medicine departments.
Plan, deliver and evaluate every coaching session using methodology specified within the Club
Plan, deliver and evaluate every coaching session using vocabulary detailed within the Club
Ensure all sessions are delivered with a compliant approach to Health and Safety.
Develop and maintain a positive learning environment to maximise each players learning
Ensure that all teams play in line with the Club Football Philosophy Guide.
Document Match Day planning and evaluation using the ASC.
Document individual and team key coaching points in each Match Day plan that are linked to
the Club Football Philosophy and individual player aims on the ASC.
Evaluation of the player’s performance against the players individual aims.
Emphasise individual and team learning objectives during pre-match, half time and post-
match team talks and player interaction.
Ensure a warm up and cool down is conducted on each Match Day according to the Academy
Evaluate all matches, documenting achievement of learning objectives or action plan for next
coaching session/Match Day.
Exhibit touchline behaviour according to the Coach Competency Framework.
Support Player Performance Reviews for each player, involving MDT staff in the process.
Link Player Performance Reviews to the learning outcomes of the Academy Coaching
All the above information to be maintained on the ASC.
Work with the Head of Coaching to ensure individual coach development plan is in place with
the appropriate CPD programme.
Carry out any other reasonable duties that may arise or be assigned by the Head of Academy
and/or senior management staff.
Attend special events, dinners, induction seminars
Compliance with Club policies
Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
To promote the Club’s values
To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
To maintain professional conduct at all times
This role involves working with children and/or vulnerable adults in a Regulated Activity (or in
close proximity to children and/or vulnerable adults). This means that the post-holder is
required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding
Head of Academy
Head of Coaching
Head of Academy Operations
Lead Foundation Phase Coach
Lead Age Group Coach
Lead Academy Goalkeeping Coach
Multi-disciplinary team Foundation Phase/Youth Development Phase & PDP
Football Administration Department
Academy staff in support of each players development
To ensure positive relationships with players, parents and host families
· To manage all aspects of Coaching at the designated age group in line with the club Philosophy and syllabus.
· To attend all relevant staff meetings.
· To show clear evidence of planning and evaluating via BTFC Academy’s ASC cloud session planner.
· To ensure that all the relevant administration is kept up to date.
· Must interconnect with all relevant Academy departments.
· Must have experience of using Microsoft word, Excel, PPT etc.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Have a flexible attitude to work.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Have a polite and courteous manner.
· Be organised and have good time management skills.
· The ability to meet stringent deadlines.
· Be able to adapt to different and changing situations.
· Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve Academy objectives.
· Have a personable approach.
· Knowledge and understanding to Academy policies/procedures and regulations relating to your role.
· Ability to liaise with footballers, coaches, management and other football related individuals in a professional manner.
· Hold a current DBS certificate.
· To be able to work evenings and weekends.
· Hold a full driving licence.
· Previous experience of working within the football or related industry.
· FA Level 2 Coaching in Football or higher.
· The FA Learning Safeguarding Children Certificate.
· The FA Basic First Aid for Sport.
Positive communication skills
High professional standards
Knowledge and qualifications within the sports industry
Ability to deal with a diverse range of issues and people