Square Mile Sport is the owner and organiser of the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay – a unique and exciting annual global running race series and the Virtual Club, an online community where users can take part in virtual races and challenges.
Since the launch of the Virtual Club in July 2020 our content offering across all communications channels including web, email and social media has increased ten-fold in its quality, variation and frequency.
To meet a growing appetite for quality engaging content from our passionate community, we are looking for the next generation of content producing talent with bags of energy, creativity and drive, to come and join us. They will work across a range of different marcomms campaigns and will be skilled in multiple forms of content creation with excellent time management and attention to detail.
Square Mile Sport is also part of Benchmark, the holding company for a global network of brands and business that specialises in the development of sport-related networks in the business and social sector. The growth of the group has been driven by the importance that we attach to innovative thinking and our continuous investment in turning our ideas into tangible assets. Original idea creation ensures that we carve out niches in exciting and growing market sectors.
As an entrepreneurial company, Benchmark has developed a reputation for building prestigious sports brands from the ground up and is now responsible for some of the biggest flagship events in sport, business, entertainment and philanthropy.
• Work alongside and assist the Digital Marketing Manager to produce engaging and interesting content, helping to drive growth, engagement and retention across Square Mile Sport’s digital channels
• Support the Head of Marketing & Commercial to produce content that supports customer acquisition for Square Mile Sport’s products and services, both online and in print
• Assist with scheduling and posting content across Square Mile Sport’s digital channels
• Maintain Square Mile Sport’s Communications Calendar
• Analyse content offering and make recommendations to improve content performance
• Pitch content ideas to media outlets and publications
• To undertake other content activities as directed by the Digital Marketing Manager
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Creative and imaginative mindset, always on the look out for new, interesting and engaging content ideas
• Ability to pitch communication appropriately with team members, clients and participants
• Outgoing, pro-active and energetic with a can-do attitude
• Flexibility and openness to change with the ability to think laterally and problem-solve
• Focused, positive and calm under pressure
• Capacity to build an open, honest and trusting relationship with other team members, clients and participants
• Proficient in InDesign/Photoshop, design skills required
• Experience using social media management tools essential
• Proficient in data capture and handling
• IT literacy essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)