Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility - Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
The charity is now looking to recruit to the role of Female Football Development Coach (FFDC) to our Burnley FC Women junior football programme. Burnley FC Women is a female-specific grassroots football club, that endeavours to providing meaningful sporting and social opportunities for girls and women of all ages and abilities.
Reporting to the Female Football Development Officer, the FFDC will be expected to:
• Assist the head coach with training sessions and match day tasks.
• Deliver some, part or all of the coaching session for the U14’S team.
• Tackle the underrepresentation of females in sport, via the delivery of awareness workshops, that aim to focus on heightening the profile of the female game.
• Identify talented female footballers and individuals involved in the projects and refer those individuals to appropriate destinations.
• Ensure that all practical elements of delivery are conducted to the highest standards, that befits the calibre of the football club.
• Partake in the crucial processes of monitoring and evaluation, to ensure that the progress / impact of any given provision is reporting to key funders in a timely and effectively manner. This includes the use of regular registers and the Views platform.
• Willingness to attend training courses including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
• Assist in other areas of the organisation, where necessary, this will be inclusive of match days and some evening work
• To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
• To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Comply with all company policies.
• Demonstrate the Burnley FC in the Community values at all times.
• Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
• Work alongside other team members to support in other departments as and when required to promote best practice.
• A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
• FA Level 2 Certificate in Football.
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
• Full clean driving license with access to own transport.
• Experience of planning and delivering regular football coaching sessions.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Effective communicator, able to build and sustain positive relationships with local stakeholders.
• An empathetic / sympathetic approach to engagement.
• A positive attitude towards professional development and their own learning.
• Experience of managing a football team.
• Experience of coaching junior players.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website – Careers and Opportunities. Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
IF YOU REQUIRE THE APPLICATION FORM IN AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE HR DEPARTMENT ON EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:
ADDRESS: BFCITC, TURF MOOR, HARRY POTTS WAY, BURNLEY, LANCASHIRE BB10 4BX.
TELEPHONE: 01282 446800
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.