Marketing Coordinator with National Hot Rod Association - closing date 26 nov 2020
Indianapolis · IN
Nov 19, 2020
NHRA Tracks - Marketing Coordinator
Join our team as the Marketing Coordinator, working alongside the Lucas Oil Raceway, Atlanta Dragway and Gainesville Raceway Marketing and Operations staffs.
Between the three NHRA-owned facilities (Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Atlanta Dragway and Gainesville Raceway, we host over 250 days of track activity. This year’s schedule includes popular events such as the Amalie Gatornationals, the Southern Nationals and the Chevrolet Performance Parts U.S. Nationals, as well as many other exciting events. In addition to our dragstrips, we host a number of other events across our three properties that vary from our oval track in Indianapolis, IN to our road course in Gainesville, FL.
Position Location: Lucas Oil Raceway is located at 10267 East U.S. Hwy 136, Indianapolis, IN 46234
Reports To: Marketing & Sales, Manager
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5p.m. Due to the nature of our schedule and track activity, the Marketing Coordinator must be able to work event weekends and holidays throughout the entire event schedule.
o Provide assistance to the Marketing and Sales Manager, whenever necessary as it relates to activities taking place both on-site and in the office.
o Assist in the conception and development of sales materials including sales presentations, media kits, case studies, recap decks, sponsorship trackers.
o Assist in copywriting for digital (web banners, email, social media) and traditional (television, radio, print) communication channels
o Assist in design of promotional materials such as flyers and posters for select events at the venue
o Content capture for future event marketing efforts
o Represent the NHRA at various networking events and participate in other sales and community events, as defined by the sales and marketing manager.
o Oversees the digital platforms (websites, social media, email marketing, etc.) for the three NHRA-owned properties (Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Gainesville Raceway, Atlanta Dragway)
o Control Social Media efforts for all tracks, including paid and organic posts.
o Manages the digital content development schedule, creation and execution for each of the three NHRA-owned tracks.
o Responsible for daily updating of each of the NHRA-owned track websites.
o Charged with the tracking and reporting of digital analytics, relating to each of the track websites and social media platforms for the NHRA-owned tracks.
o Develop social influencer database of to help drive organic conversations
o Oversee and manage the e-mail subscriber database including developing ways to increase the database
o Work in coordination with third-party promoters at each of the NHRA-owned facilities to develop a content schedule that promotes each of the various events at the NHRA-owned facilities.
o Follows the latest digital and social media trends and techniques, as it relates to the various digital platforms for the NHRA-owned facilities in order to update and stay on-track with the various digital adjustments that take place throughout the year.
o Work with the Marketing and Sales Manager, along with colleagues to develop the Annual Digital Marketing Budget, along with Capital and Staffing requisitions.
· Maintains a high degree of accuracy, timeliness and consistency in all work
· At least four-years of post-high school education (College, Technical School, Vocational Training)
· Extremely trustworthy by striving to always do the right thing
Minimum of 2-3 years prior Marketing experience required, preferably in Sports & Entertainment
· Minimum of 1 year of previous Digital Marketing experience required (Website, Database, Social Media experience)
· Detailed oriented and extremely organized
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Confident presence when speaking in front of groups of people
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Social Media platforms, Adobe Photoshop
· Able to provide great service with enthusiasm & energy throughout a work day/event.
· Able to work a flexible schedule including long work days, nights, weekends & holidays
· Ability to work under time constraints
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Considerable knowledge of marketing and communication principals, practices, and techniques
Experience with writing press releases highly desired
· Passion for great service and great finance!
· High integrity and honesty
· Enjoys being around people
· High achievement: gets it done, done well, and done on time
· High energy and positivity
· Strong personal presence and charisma
· Strong service orientation
· Well organized, strong follow-through
· Timely and accurate
· Love of learning - interested in learning about motorsports, business, people, and ticketing.
In return, we offer a challenge driven environment, a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance; a 401(k) Plan and life insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.