ukactive is a not-for-profit body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Our focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often.
The overall purpose of the ukactive Kids Project Manager is to deliver projects in line with ukactive’s strategy and Generation Inactive 2.0. ukactive’s Generation Active (ukactive Kids) Department facilitates big impact partnerships and projects that focus on increasing the physical inactivity of children and young people and families. These partnerships and projects range from supporting well-known brands deliver their strategic objectives through projects or campaigns to delivering work with local government. We need someone who will deliver projects and support with the delivery of the overall ukactive Kids strategy and brokering new relationships. You will also look to identify potential opportunities to develop the business and individual projects you’re responsible for, have a relentless desire to do more.
You will also be expected to have the skills to take sole responsibility for leading multiple projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget. This will include budget forecasting and control, detailed planning and delivery, risk management, strong stakeholder management and resource mapping capabilities.
You will also look to identify potential opportunities to develop the business and individual projects you’re responsible for, have a relentless desire to do more, take on wider responsibility, deliver and achieve more.
• To successfully oversee the commencement and delivery of CYPF projects against a set of pre-agreed project outcomes.
• To build and manage important relationships with both national and local stakeholders. This will include local authorities, clinical commissioning groups (CCG’s) GP practices, leisure providers, and community groups. As well as project delivery partners and project commissioners, ensuring that you provide regular project updates and support where required.
• Creation and circulation of monthly status reports and interim project outcome reports.
• Proactively identify and act upon project issues and risks appropriately, as they arise.
• The ongoing management of all key project management processes, procedures and documentation.
• When necessary, support head of Children, Young People and Families in development of the strategy and of new project opportunities and our ability to deliver them successfully in a sustainable, scalable and adequately resourced manor.
• Good budget management and Accountable for financial contribution from projects managed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A proven track record in project management/being an assistant project manager
• Communication skills
• Able to build strong and lasting relationships with a variety of different stakeholders and project partners
• A keen eye for detail
• Self-motivated, reliable and punctual
• Excellent organisational skills and time management
• Ability to lead a team (internal and external)
• Ability to work under pressure
• Continuously finds better & new ways of working and creating high impact delivery
• Ability to adapt working styles and approaches based on changing role requirements
• Preferable to have experience working in or with both the public and private sector
• Ability to make timely decisions independently & sometimes with guidance with respect to project or work area managed.
• Aware of dependencies placed on them and their department, feeds into the overall decision making of the department.
• ware of own strengths and weakness, and is able to decide when support if required.
• Passionate about his/her role and the success of the company; willingness to support achievement of company goals. - Displays self leadership.
• Experience engaging with various health bodies, governing bodies, private funders and community partners
• Experience in constructing, agreeing and managing project plans with both internal and external resources
• Experience in financial planning and management
• Experience in account and relationship management
• Experience with developing more junior staff within a team
• Proficient with Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• PMP / PRINCE II certification.
• Understanding and knowledge of the health, activity, fitness and leisure sector.