PGA WORKS Fellowship - Gateway PGA Section with Gateway PGA Section in - closing date 12 FEB 2021
Chesterfield · MO
Nov 07, 2020
OPPORTUNITY: PGA REACH Gateway is offering an opportunity to gain valuable insight into the administrative aspect of the golf business by hiring an individual from a diverse background to work on our team for a 1-year term.
· The PGA WORKSFellowship is intentionally focused on engaging a diverse demographic of participants with consideration to the following protected classes: Gender, Age, Race/Color, National Origin/Ancestry, Sexual Orientation, Disability and Veteran Status- though anyone is welcome to apply.
· Ultimately, PGA REACH Gateway desires to establish a network of diverse talent who are prepared to ascend to key employment positions in the game and business of golf.
PGA REACH Gateway is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and philanthropic arm of The Gateway PGA Section, one of 41 Sections across the country dedicated to growing the game of golf, serving the PGA Member, and elevating the standards of the PGA Professional. The Gateway PGA is home to 330+ men and women PGA Professionals from central and eastern Missouri to central and southern Illinois. Our team is comprised of dedicated, passionate people who care deeply about serving our Professionals and community through golf. Though we each have unique responsibilities, we all work together as a unit and accomplish more than any one individual could. Our leadership extends great autonomy while expecting maximum effort. We are hard workers; we are creative; we have fun; we are PGA Professionals.
JOB TITLE: PGA WORKS Fellowship
MANGER’S TITLE: Executive Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary focus of this position will be to assist PGA REACH Gateway in executing programs in the Youth, Military and Inclusion pillars. National PGA REACH program examples include:
MILITARY Pillar | PGA HOPE – PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship military program of PGA REACH and is designed to introduce golf to veterans with disabilities in order to enhance their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being.
YOUTH Pillar | PGA Jr League – PGA Jr League (PGAJL) is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls ages 13 and under to learn and enjoy the game of golf. Much like other recreational league sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends. The kids learn the game among their peers with professional instruction and direction from PGA/LPGA Professionals who serve as team captains. Parents also play an active role, making the program a family activity and creating another generation of players to enjoy the game.
INCLUSION Pillar | PGA WORKS – PGA WORKS is a workforce diversification strategic initiative designed to evolve the demographic composition of the golf industry workforce and develop a robust pool of talent from diverse backgrounds who are prepared to ascend to key employment positions in the business of golf.
JOB DUTIES: PGA WORKS Fellowship duties include but are not limited to:
Assisting the PGA Section with all aspects of PGA REACH and PGA Section foundation programming including communications logistics, site and member recruitment, promotions, scheduling, sponsor activation, budgeting, billing, and event execution.
Assisting the PGA Section marketing and communications team to ensure PGA REACH and PGA Section foundation activities that occur in the PGA Section are documented and reported to national PGA REACH social media and public relations resources as well as PGA Section resources.
Assisting the fundraising efforts of PGA REACH and the PGA Section Foundation as needed.
Assist with PGA HOPE programming and operations including: program setup, running the HOPE Cup, communications with PGA Professionals and military services centers, tracking and reporting, veteran volunteer program, and marketing/PR.
Assist with the recruitment of PGA Members for and promotion of PGA Jr. League. Assist in running the PGA Jr League Section Championship.
Assist in the day to day responsibilities of managing the PGA REACH Initiative including: partner organization communications, tracking and reporting, and marketing/PR.
Assist with event preparation, management, promotion, committee support, communications and sponsor/donor tracking for the Annual Ozzie & Friends Gala & Pro Am.
Assist with the setup, execution, and management of all Gateway PGA Drive Chip & Putt Qualifiers.
Assist with the setup and execution of Gateway PGA Junior Tour tournaments, as needed.
Assist with planning, setup and execution of Gateway Golf & Business for Women events.
Assist with PGA REACH Gateway marketing, communications and PR including: website updates, social media, creative marketing, and email communications.
Assist Gateway PGA Section Foundation and PGA WORKS (national) in the awareness of the PGA WORKS Fellowship to help attract new candidates for Gateway PGA Section Foundation Fellowship
· Undergraduate Degree
· Valid Driver’s License Required
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
· Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word & Excel
· Skills in social media marketing and communications
· Well organized, punctual, and energetic
· Ability to work in a team environment and travel
· Ability to work overtime to include weekends
· Ability to be flexible
POSITION/PHYSICAL CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. An employee in this position must be able to travel for extended periods of time in various modes of transportation.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The employee must be able to drive the company vehicle/van and/or drive to and from various locations throughout the Section.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Hourly pay equivalent to annual salary of $26,000
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Offered
· Simple IRA (up to 3% employer matching contribution); eligible after earning the first $6,000
· The Foundation will provide an assigned laptop, staff uniforms, and will cover event/competition related travel expenditures (hotel, meals, etc.) while on assignment
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: February 12, 2021 ANTICIPATED START DATE: April 2021