PGA WORKS Fellowship - Northern Ohio PGA Section with Northern Ohio PGA Section - closing date 20 MARCH 2021
Warrensville Heights · OH
Nov 07, 2020
OPPORTUNITY: Northern Ohio PGA Foundation is offering an opportunity to gain valuable insight into the administrative aspect of the golf business for a 1-year term.
· The PGA WORKS Fellowship is intentionally focused on engaging a diverse demographic of participants with consideration to the following protected classes: Gender, Age, Race/Color, National Origin/Ancestry, Sexual Orientation, Disability and Veteran Status though anyone is welcome to apply.
· Ultimately, the Northern Ohio PGA Foundation desires to establish a network of diverse talent who are prepared to ascend to key employment positions in the game and business of golf.
Northern Ohio PGA Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and philanthropic entity of the Northern Ohio PGA Section. Founded in 1916, the PGA of America is the world's largest working sports organization, comprised of 28,000 men and women golf Professionals who are the recognized experts in teaching and growing the game. The Northern Ohio PGA Section has been a part of the PGA since 1946 and consists of approximately 500 men and women professionals across Northern Ohio that are committed to serving our communities and growing the game of golf.
JOB TITLE: PGA WORKS Fellowship
MANAGER’S TITLE: Executive Director
JOB DESCRIPTION:The primary focus of this position will be to assist the Northern Ohio PGA Senior Staff and Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation in executing PGA REACH program initiatives in the Youth, Military, and Diversity and Inclusion pillars. Examples include:
· YOUTH Pillar | PGA Jr. League– PGA Jr. League is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls ages 13 and under to learn and enjoy the game of golf. Much like other recreational league sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends. The kids learn the game among their peers with professional instruction and direction from PGA/LPGA Professionals who serve as team captains. Parents also play an active role, making the program a family activity and creating another generation of players to enjoy the game.
· MILITARY Pillar | PGA HOPE– PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship military program of PGA REACH, designed to introduce golf to veterans with disabilities to enhance their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being.
· DIVERSITY & INCLUSION Pillar | PGA WORKS – The PGA WORKS Fellowship aspires to be the most valuable, short term, entry level work opportunity for individuals from diverse backgrounds to garner experience in all facets of the golf industry through participation in projects and work associated with charitable activities aligned with the mission of PGA REACH.
· Assisting the Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation with all aspects of PGA REACH programming including communications, logistics, site and member recruitment, promotions, scheduling, sponsor activation, budgeting, billing, and event execution.
· Assisting the Northern Ohio PGA Section Foundation marketing and communications team to ensure PGA REACH activities that occur in the Northern Ohio PGA Section are documented and reported to national PGA REACH social media and public relations resources as well as Northern Ohio PGA Section resources.
· Assisting the fundraising efforts of the Northern Ohio PGA HOPE program as needed.
· Promote the Northern Ohio PGA HOPE Program during the Section’s Drive, Chip & Putt Championship local and sub-regional events.
• Assisting with Northern Ohio PGA Junior Golf Tours Program and Northern Ohio PGA HOPE Program.
• Support communication and public awareness activities of Northern Ohio PGA and Northern Ohio by attending Section and Chapter meetings, trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events, as well as, produce support material for members and facilities.
· Undergraduate Degree (within the last 12 months)
· Shows an interest in developing a career in golf.
· Valid Driver’s License Required
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
· Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word & Excel
· Skills in social media marketing and communications
· Well organized, punctual, and energetic
· Ability to work in a team environment and travel extensively
· Ability to work overtime to include weekends
· Ability to be flexible
· Ability to influence with an open and direct communication style and willing to engage in constructive debate.
· Ability to motivate others.
· Ability to make presentations, present information, and respond to questions representing the Section.
· Ability to apply judgment and decision-making skills.
· Ability to write reports and standard business correspondence.
· Ability to present self in a professional manner and appearance.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position must be able to travel for extended periods of time in various modes of transportation.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The employee must be able to drive the company vehicle/van and/or drive to and from various locations throughout the Section.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LOCATION:The Northern Ohio PGA Section Office is located at 4735 Richmond Rd., Warrensville Hts., OH 44128
START DATE: Flexible (will consider candidates graduating before May, 2021)
SALARY: Salary is negotiable. The Northern Ohio PGA Section will cover event/competition related travel expenditures (hotel, meals, etc.) while on assignment. Staff Uniforms. Playing and practice privileges are also available at local golf facilities.