Premiership Rugby is the organisation which manages the top league in English club rugby – Gallagher Premiership Rugby. Premiership Rugby also runs central community initiatives which are delivered by the 13 representative clubs. Each club delivers a community development programme, led by qualified, experienced employees. Our community strategy “A Plan to Improve A Million Lives” is delivered by over 150 club-based community staff under two campaigns: PLAY and BreakThru.
• BreakThru - creates positive health, education and social inclusion outcomes.
• PLAY - tackles inactivity and grows rugby, particularly in new audiences.
Premiership Rugby is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced programme manager. This is a wonderful opportunity for a community development professional to work as part of a multi-award winning, close-knit team running Gallagher Premiership Rugby. The applicant will oversee the successful delivery of part of Premiership Rugby’s community portfolio including our flagship HITZ programme. They will also be required to support other national community and CSR initiatives. Principal responsibilities are as below.
• Overall management of designated community programmes and projects, ensuring the programme is delivered to a high standard, on time and on budget to fulfil contractual obligations
• The Programme Delivery Manager will demonstrate technical expertise in education and /or sport for development programming.
• Applicants with expertise and experience in the education, employability and sport arena would be of particular interest.
• Development of educational resources and/or curriculum would also be of interest.
Programme Management Experience:
The Programme Delivery Manager will have at least three years’ proven track record of:
• Managing multi-site and/or multi-partner programmes which includes programme management, budget, reporting and monitoring frameworks.
• Preparing timely, well written and impact focused donor reporting including financial reporting.
• Organising and promoting learning and best practice sharing including leading the commissioning and management of consultants.
Partnerships and Relationship Management:
• Develop and sustain positive working relationships with Premiership Rugby’s 13 shareholder clubs and community/foundation staff.
• Develop and sustain strategic and operational partnerships with relevant public, private sector and third sector organisations.
• Regular communication and reporting with related programme funders.
Communication and PR:
• Liaise internally with Premiership Rugby Communications and Commercial teams to ensure community activity is aligned and represented within the activity of the broader organisation.
• Develop communications and PR plans for project activities, ensuring that contractual obligations are understood and met by clubs.
• Providing support to PRL events and match day operations as required.
• Any other duties allocated by line manager based on the needs of the organisation.
• The successful applicant will be a pro-active self-starter, willing and able to take ownership of tasks and show initiative to get things done.
• S/he will show great attention to detail, be organised and capable of managing a busy workload calmly and efficiently.
• S/he will have excellent written and presentation skills and good IT skills.
• S/he will be able to communicate confidently at all levels and handle confidential information with discretion.
• S/he will exhibit high levels of diplomacy and an aptitude for working with partners.
• S/he will have previous experience of managing work programmes of non-direct reports.
Knowledge of the sport of Rugby Union is beneficial but not essential.
This role will involve travel to professional clubs across the country, some evening and weekend working.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We do not sponsor any applicants under the tier 2 visa programme and are therefore unable to accept applications from any candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
We are striving to create an inclusive workplace by attracting the most talented individuals and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, disability status or any other dimensions of diversity.