To ensure people management practices are of a high quality and support the aims and values of the Castle, through providing professional HR advice and guidance to line managers and staff. Ensure compliance on all employment related policies and procedures in line with legislation and best practice through coaching and supporting line managers. Undertake specialist and general HR tasks as required and appropriate to the role. To proactively contribute to the delivery of key objectives of the HR and regularly participate and lead on HR projects when required.
• To be responsible for the planning and leading on all recruitment and selection processes for designated posts.
• Co-ordination, planning and delivery of the HR induction for new staff along with any other training needs identified.
• Produce employment contracts and variation to contracts in line with authorised management requests.
• Manage and maintain accurate and up to date employee records including mandatory training, performance and development review, leave, providing appropriate support and coaching to all management to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures.
• To guide and advise management and employees, through all aspects of the employee life cycle to include absence management, investigations, discipline, grievance, capability, in accordance with the consistent application of Castle policies and procedures and compliance with employment law and best practice.
• Monthly administration of payroll for all staff including collation of hours, calculation of sick pay, parental pay, holiday pay, accurate deductions, submission of pay to payroll system, distribution of payslips, and schedule of bank payments
• Pension administration including enrolment and leavers, monthly submission contributions
• Administration of payroll provision ensuring deadlines are met, timely submission of HMRC files including RTIs, P60s and P11Ds
• Improve HR functions such as onboarding, payroll, performance management etc. through initiative process analysis, and/or HR technology
• Advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including pay review, promotions, and benefits.
• To take opportunities to actively participate in organisational wide activities on behalf of the HR
HR STRATEGY AND PROJECTS
• Conduct management briefings linked to HR initiatives and policies.
• Foster and shape organisational culture in line with the Castle’s goals
• Investigate, recommend and implement Payroll integrations through IT solutions to improve payroll efficiency
• To collate exit interview, statistical data and to identify trends and issues raising concerns to Operations Director.
• To make an active contribution to the development, review, implementation and writing of HR policies and procedures.
• To be responsible for the preparation of statistical information to support the organisation in workforce planning, contribute to the production of KPIs and produce statistical reports as required and contribute to budget preparation.
• To contribute as required in allocated project work including research and preparation of reports and assist others in the department with their projects.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Part qualification and working towards full accreditation of CIPD Level 3 or above.
• Previous experience of working in a fast-paced HR team, providing first level advice on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills, with a good foundation in HR theory.
• Ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquires – effective prioritisation is key to the success of this role.
• Ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
• Excellent IT skills specifically MS Office; particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, also keen knowledge and experience of the importance of databases and their role in providing accurate management information.
• Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, service users and third parties.
• Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and determination to ‘get under the skin of problems’.
• Able to streamline and improve operational processes.
• Highly enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Knowledge of employment contracts and context within the Sporting sector.
• Project management skills.
• Awareness of H&S within the Climbing Wall Industry
• Experience in Climbing industry role or other similar sized sporting facility