The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red, White and Blue having captured two ECHL Kelly Cup Championships (2014-15 & 2015-16) and two Central Hockey League President's Cups (2012-13 & 2013-14). Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans begin their 12th season of professional hockey this Fall, with the full 2020-21 ECHL schedule set to be announced in the coming months.
The Director, Business Development serves as a vital role on the Corporate Partnerships team as a revenue generation leader and sponsorship activator, passionate about building solutions for Allen Americans partners and aggressive brand developer. This lead sales position will be active in recruiting, pitching, and serving regional businesses in the DFW Metroplex and activating partnerships on a year-round basis..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will drive revenue for the Allen Americans brand & activate partnerships, year-round
- Consistently exceed daily call and appointment targets while using traditional and innovative interpersonal communication tactics
- Transform sponsorship approach into a multi-platform solution for partners
- You will close new multi-year partnership deals that will aid in meeting and exceeding yearly corporate partnership sales targets
- Network with local, regional and national organizations to build authentic and mutual beneficial corporate partnerships.
- Maintain and continually grow the company’s prospective partner pipeline
- Build links with prospects’ gatekeepers and company decision-makers
- Build, track and maintain all proposals for prospective clients, detailing the progress of the sales process utilizing CRM software (Basecamp / G-Suite) and other resources
- You will compile, report, enter, collect, forecast and track accurate account elements, billing fulfillment and contract information, as well as reports pertaining to proposals, contracts, budgets and other account details into Basecamp/G-Suite and other data driven resources utilized by the Americans
- Prepare documents as needed, including expense reports, account budgets, memos, letters, contracts, spreadsheets, and other traditional business tools
- Support Allen Americans’ mission, vision and purpose
- Work with and mentor Interns
- Represent Americans in a professional manner at all times
- Report to the Vice President of Corporate Partnerships and effectively improving our partner base
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- 4 year college degree or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years of sales experience in a business environment, or commensurate Graduate School, Internship and other Experiences
- Ability to learn in a dynamic environment
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong computer proficiency including experience with excel and other database management systems
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Show initiative and be a self-starter
- Possess creative, strategic, and quantitative skills sets
Reports to: Vice President, Corporate Partnerships
EEOC: The Allen Americans are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.