DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL - AUSTIN FC - CLOSING DATE 27 JUN 2020
Austin, TX, USA
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a passionate and professional Director of Player Personnel who will manage all aspects of player acquisition including roster and budget management. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the recruiting process including operating budget, contract management, and a liaison between the Club, Agents, and the MLS. This position will report to the Sporting Director and work closely with the Technical Staff.
This position will play an important role in a team that will build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand, from the earliest stages, and is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last three years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
· Has an outstanding work ethic and pays close attention to detail?
· Thrives in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and quality?
· Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
· Has a strong passion for soccer and representing the brand of Austin FC?
· Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships?
· Applies data and analytics to support business and technical decisions?
· Is motivated, professional and demonstrates punctuality and reliability?
· Collaborate with Sporting Director, Director of Scouting, and Head Coach on first team squad and roster management; and
· Support domestic player acquisition strategy on trades, expansion draft, re-entry draft, free agency, allocation ranking, Super Draft and Waiver Draft; and
· Advise and support signing strategy through all appropriate MLS mechanisms considering new CBA and parameters on player designations; and
· Manage and prepare documents to review needs which list roster spots, budget projections, contract structures and positional organization; and
· Attend important Technical Staff meetings centered around squad management and all aspects of the club soccer strategy; and
· Liaise on all contractual documents between the Club, Agent, and MLS headquarters on incoming and outgoing player acquisitions and transfers; and
· Manage and oversee club MLS salary cap projections and roster rules to support the short, mid and long-term planning of the squad; and
· Maintain important working club relationships with player agents, scouts, MLS clubs Technical Staff, MLS league office personnel; and
· Aid in providing clarity to scouts on Austin FC player targets; and
· Work with data analytics department and staff to ensure filter of information requested by Technical Staff to support decision making process; and
· Support and influence the squad building strategy for future professional 2nd team together with Technical Staff; and
· Work closely with Sporting Director on achieving soccer department financial and budget objectives; and
· Collaborate to prepare documents and presentation as needed for updates and reviews.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Preferred experience working for a professional sports team
· Spanish/English bilingual skills are preferred
· Experience of positive people management
· Strong communication skills, both orally and written, with diverse audiences
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices
· An outstanding work ethic with an eye for detail and extremely organized
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
· Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.