SUMMER ACTIVITY MANAGER WANTED FOR BRITISH STUDY CENTRES AT NEW HALL SCHOOL IN ESSEX
British Study Centres runs English summer courses in the United Kingdom for foreign students aged 8-17. There are multiple positions available in various locations during July and August. All positions are residential. For full details of our camps, please see our website: https://www.british-study.com/juniors/
At a glance:
BSC Activity Managers are the event planners, sports organisers, and the brains behind making the LSC social programme an unforgettable student experience.
• Devise weekly activities timetable
• Ensure sports activities are varied and appropriate to students at the centre
• Ensure specialist sports options run smoothly
• Maintain activities notice board
• Ensure students are aware of daily activities
• Oversee sign-up sheet procedure
• Liaise with centre on facilities booking
• Plan and run evening activities
• Participate in activities
• Maintain centre and BSC equipment
• Complete accurate inventory of equipment
• Source any necessary extra material
Centre & Head Office
• Work with the management team to ensure smooth running of the course
• Respond to all requests/correspondence from HO in a timely fashion
• Complete any administrative tasks as required by HO in a timely manner
• Hold regular whole staff meetings with management team
• Plan and deliver clear and informative student inductions with the management team
• Work with management team to ensure academic and social programmes are integrated
• Manage weekly budget and petty cash for activities
• Perform all residential duties punctually and professionally
• Be aware of your duties as per the weekly timetable
• Actively supervise mealtimes on a rota basis
• Undertake wake up duty on a rota basis
• Undertake night duty on a rota basis
• Encourage all students to participate fully in the programme
• Be a role model for the students
• To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for and come into contact with
• To adhere to the BSC Juniors safeguarding policy
In addition to the above, all members of staff are required to:
• Work positively as part of a team
• Demonstrate a positive attitude
• Attend and participate in whole staff meetings
• Act according to accepted professional standards at all times
• Act in the welfare of the students at all times
• Comply with centre and BSC rules and regulations
The Activities Manager is required to attend a pre-course training weekend to meet staff from their own and other centres and to be briefed fully on all aspects of running the centre.
• Proven ability to organise group activities in areas including sports, art, music and drama
• Experience of working with children/teenagers in a leisure context
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• High level of computer literacy, particularly MS Office, email and use of databases
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Strong leadership skills
• Enthusiasm for summer school life
• Recognised advanced qualifications in sports coaching, lifeguarding, dance instruction etc.
• Experience of management in a residential summer school setting
• Experience of working with non-native speakers
• Current valid First Aid certificate
• Child Protection training
• Competitive weekly salary depending on qualifications, experience and centre size. Pay scale available on request.
• All accommodation and board is provided.
• This post is offered on a residential basis. Working hours may be unsociable due to evening activities, night duty and the times of student arrivals and departures.
• BSC adopts a smart, casual dress policy. All members of staff are provided with one t-shirt and one hoodie. BSC uniform is compulsory on excursion days and special events. BSC lanyards are to be worn at all times.
• There is at least one full day off per week.
• All references will be followed up and all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily.
• Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be employed in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
• Appropriate Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) or police check is required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Proof of identity and qualifications will be required. Only those with the right to work in the UK are eligible for any BSC position.
Aim Higher We proactively make suggestions and solutions for challenges and opportunities.
Collaborate: We are team players -we treat everyone with respect and understand that we succeed collectively, not as individuals.
Communicate: We communicate in a timely way with clarity, respect and transparency.
Customer Focus: We seek to provide consistent high quality experiences that customers will remember.
Employee Focus: We seek to reward and recognise excellence and innovation within our employees.