Title: Parking & Traffic Supervisors – seasonal
*These positions will participate in required training sessions through the summer to prepare for duties during the 2020 Indiana State Fair, taking place from August 7th through the 23rd. The pay range for these positions is $10.50 to $11.50 per hour. Thank you for your interest.
Area Supervisors serve as leaders for gates and lots in a specified area of the Fairgrounds. Their role is to ensure the area is staffed properly, gates are running efficiently and lots are parked according to the parking plan.
Gate Supervisors serve as the direct supervisor of cashiers at their designated gate. They are the point of contact for any questions, concerns or complaints from both customers and employees.
Lot Supervisors serve as the direct supervisor of parking attendants in a specific lot. They are a point of contact for any questions, concerns, or complaints from both customers and employees. The Lot Supervisor must have a valid driver’s license.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Deliver and ensure staff is delivering an outstanding guest experience. Duties include ensuring the team has knowledge about each day’s events, monitoring customer interactions and coaching staff on customer service best practices.
- Supervise staff and fundraisers working in areas, at gates and in parking lots. Duties include but are not limited to scheduling employee breaks, ensuring staff is staying hydrated, and monitoring hours of minor employees to ensure compliance with teen work laws.
- Ensure maximum efficiency in assigned areas. Duties include monitoring traffic flow, ensuring staffing and supply levels and maintaining cleanliness of the area.
- Maintain and take responsibility for use of equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE). Duties include setting up and/or locking up equipment daily, managing the equipment log and ensuring appropriate levels of PPE including safety vests, ponchos, sunscreen, etc.
- Excellent communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; interprets and communicates complex information to customers and associates.
- Teamwork: Able to share credit with coworkers; displays enthusiasm and promotes a friendly work environment; supports group decisions; displays team spirit.
- High level of judgment: Able to balance established standards against the need for exceptions to rules and practices.
- Conflict Management: Able to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stays objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintains constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Prioritizing: Able to use sound judgment in evaluating the urgency of various issues; appropriately classifies in terms of time sensitivity, impact, complexity, importance, etc.
Experience in customer service and supervising others is preferred.
These positions require a high level of judgment, analytic ability and creativity in investigating and solving minor problems.
Receives routine supervision from supervisors and management in the Parking & Traffic Department. Work is performed under general guidelines, procedures and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.