***Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Columbus Blue Jackets are currently under a hiring freeze for the foreseeable future. We will notify all applicants when we are ready to move forward with the hiring process.***
The Season Ticket Service Manager, under the direction of the Director of Service & Retention, is responsible for assisting in the daily management and support of the ticket Service team in a continuing effort to provide world class client service to maximize our season ticket holder retention and generate incremental revenue through the sale of full season, partial season and group tickets. In addition, this position will oversee the management of season ticket accounts within the Lexus Lounge.
Support the Director of Service and Retention in day-to-day management and planning for the ticket Service team; including hiring, performance and evaluation meetings, goal setting meetings, account conflict resolution, STH event management and any additional duties requested by Director of Service and Retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Manage all Lexus Lounge Accounts and all aspects of the Lounge. This includes day-to-day service for all Lexus Lounge Accounts, pro-active communication about special events and benefits, phone calls, manage any and all complaints, resolve issues, visit clients, plan events specific to Lexus Lounge clients, liaison with Lexus Lounge/concessionaire staff to ensure the best possible food and beverage experience, overall enhancement of the Lexus Lounge experience.
- Manage and respond to the general inbox.
- Assist Director of Service & Retention in updating and monitoring CBJ website membership pages. Maintain a photo library of all our STH events.
- Assist in the execution and management of game night responsibilities, as well as all Season Ticket Holder special events such as Skating Events, Pre-Season Party, Chalk Talks, Tunnel of Pride, Happy Hours, etc.
- Assist in managing, training, coaching and development of the Service team, including sales and service activities, coaching, mentoring and providing continuous feedback.
- Oversee and contribute to all sales efforts involving season tickets, partial plans, corporate/premium sales and group sales, including implementing effective monthly sales and service contests to motivate Service team to exceed their goals.
- Contribute to weekly meetings with the Service team to facilitate discussion and sharing of ideas related to growing ticket sales revenue and touchpoints.
- Develop recommendations and collaborate with leadership team for sales and client service initiatives, programs, events and retention strategies for the department.
- Build and maintain viable customer and prospect databases in CRM and Archtics.
- Available to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends & holidays.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
- Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communication; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years successful ticket sales and service experience in sports
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory/leadership experience preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft CRM, Ticketmaster and Archtics software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.