The Racing Operations Department is seeking candidates who are self-starting and able to multitask in a fast paced environment. Interns in this department need exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assist Director of Racing Operations in all aspects of on-track and competition racing operations.
Including but not limited to:o Day-to-day staff management
- Direct competition and related logistics
- Jet Dryer logistics, staffing, and operations
- Oversee fence and wall repair or maintenance
- Oversee track repair
- Public Safety coordination with state and local authorities
- Training for officials and on-track crews
- Oversee the Track Services department
- Assist with management of all schedules for CMS events
- Help coordinate with NASCAR and other racing series for scheduling, logistics, race operations, and event management
- Assist with all Action Sports related entities
- Assist the CMS Events Department with events at CMS 1.5 mile track, the dirt track, and the zMAX Dragway.
- Assist with Summer Shootout and all US Legends operations with CMS
- Assist with all on-track racing activities
- Help facilitate safety and ground logistics with stunts for pre-race shows or press conferences
- Work directly with facility operations to ensure work orders from events and GS&L are prioritized and managed accordingly
- CMS is one of the busiest facilities in the country and this internship will help with track rental customers. This is a hands on, fast paced internship. A lot of experience will be gained in event preparation and planning.
- Intern must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week plus all events held during the semester.
- Word and Excel Spreadsheet experience required.
*This is an unpaid internship. As a token of gratitude, all interns who complete the semester internship and work the race events held during the semester internship will receive a stipend.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.