Job Title: Director of Corporate Sales
OVG Facilities – Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center, West Virginia
Full-time - Experienced
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
OVG Facilities is looking for a Director of Corporate Sales for the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center. The newly redesigned complex boasts a 13,500 seat arena, 50,000 sq.ft. exhibit space, 25 meetings rooms, 25,000 sq.ft. ballroom, 740 seat theatre, and a 3,500 seat auditorium. The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center hosts a variety of events, including sporting events, world-class entertainment, conventions, meetings, banquets, and other social events.
OVG Facilities, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. delivering customized management plans for each of their venues. OVG Facilities specializes in event programming, booking services, and creating unique experiences that focus on providing premium content to enhance the guest’s experience.
Are you an aggressive, sales-minded individual looking for a new challenge? Then we want you at OVG. The Director of Corporate Sales is responsible for overseeing and executing the advertising, sponsorship, and corporate partnership sales for the facility. This individual will be focused on selling fully integrated marketing, media, and promotional programs that include marketing rights, on-premise signage, event sponsorships, promotions, event marketing, media exposure, and select premium seating elements. Additionally, he/she will also be responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and executing all aspects of corporate partnership fulfillment. We are looking for an outgoing, people-oriented sales professional who will be responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional, and national companies through the sale of integrated sponsorship packages.
- Prospect, sell, activate and maintain corporate sponsorships, advertising and select premium seating partnerships for the venue
- Work with venue staff to implement goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all corporate sales programs and activities
- Design sales proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners
- Prepare advertising, sponsorship and premium seating contracts; identify issues with contract language; address issues with and make recommendations for resolution; negotiate corporate sales pricing and other rates as required
- Oversee the service of corporate partnerships through various means including direct contact, newsletters, partner gatherings and client entertainment events
- Achieve corporate partnership revenue goals and budgets
- Meet with corporate partners and other agencies to get all branding created and placed in a timely manner
- Renew and grow existing corporate sponsorship and media partnerships
- Interact in a professional manner with senior-level management
- Identify key open categories and new categories as prospective new business leads
- Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Track prospecting, sales and inventory, and manage sales reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sports and/or event sponsorship
- Demonstrates or has prior advertising/sponsorship experience/knowledge of local corporate market and/or industry
- Corporate Sales Experience
- Proven track record of generating new business and retaining clients
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in sales, public relations, business administration, hospitality management, or other related fields
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to spend time on the road conducting sales pitches to new prospective clients
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays is required
- Outstanding communication skills are essential for interactions with clients, operational leaders and other senior executives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.