Event Staff/Security - World Wide Technology Raceway - Closing date 30 Apr 2020
Madison, IL, USA
Apr 19, 2020
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-Time Seasonal COMPENSATION: Hourly Security OFFICER REPORTS TO: Security Supervisors and Operations Manager Position Summary: Secures all doors and gates. Protects the facility, staff, patrons and participants. Reports any, and all suspicious circumstances. Direct our customers in the direction they need to go. Greets each, and every person with respect / smile and make them feel welcome.
All hired Security Personnel will be required to work at all major events throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall Months. Major events include but are not limited to:
• NASCAR Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series
• NHRA Midwest Nationals
• Formula Drift
• NTT Data INDYCAR Series JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates and ensures a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
• Maintain a constant vigilance to ensure the safety of patrons, participants, employees and company property.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional demeanor.
• Enforce and adhere to WWT Raceway Policy and Procedure.
• Responsible for enforcing security procedures at all assigned posts.
• Assists in the transfer of monies from one area to another.
• Patrol grounds in security vehicle as assigned.
• Displays a courteous and helpful attitude at all times when dealing with the public.
• Knowledgeable and actively promotes company marketing and promotional events and are proficient in answering guest questions.
• Communicate (both written and verbal) with and promote positive team member and guest relations.
• Maintain professionalism at all times when working with other team members and/or guests.
• Performs all other duties as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Previous Security experience, preferred.
• Valid driver’s license. • Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. • Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive information. • Must be able to sit, walk and/or stand for an eight to twelve hour shift without difficulty. • Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry up to 50 lbs and kneel, squat and/or grasp as needed. • Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays. • Zone assignments covering large areas with long walking distances, Work areas could have high volumes, diverse clientele, noise, music, minimal and/or bright lighting and variation of climate control. • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management. • Must be able to handle all types of guest related situations; relay all guest compliments and complaints to department management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.