The Aberdeen IronBirds, ‘Class A’ affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, are looking for a motivated, inquisitive, and detail-oriented individual to join our Finance and Accounting team for the 2020 Season. This position will report to and work directly with the Director of Finance and Administration and will be responsible for assisting with the end to end accounting and financial reporting for the IronBirds organization. The ideal candidate will be a current student at an accredited 4-year University, majoring in either Accounting or Finance.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Performing basic accounting and finance responsibilities as it relates to the day to day operations of the team. Responsibilities will include performing various reconciliations, analyzing cash and revenue forecasts, and assisting with the management of accounts payable and receivable.
- Basic understanding of Accounting and Finance principles
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to Multi Task and pivot between tasks and projects
- Professional curiosity; an inclination to asking why!
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, especially during home stands, with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Assist with day to day accounting responsibilities including performing reconciliations, posting journal entries, and managing payables and receivables.
- Assisting in the preparation and reporting of daily, weekly, and monthly financial scorecards, financial statements, and any ad-hoc financial analysis
- Maintain internal controls and accounting policies
- Analyze Budget, Forecast, and Actuals in order to identify further opportunities to improve efficiencies and profitability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.